The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Help the idiot  (Read 7850 times)

Offline maxigenous

Help the idiot
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:41:50 pm »
Hello all,

Just a new member as a result of my idiocity.

I have a dc 39 vacuum cleaner at home. Which me and my wife use for vacuuming our house that we share with our cat.

One day while I was cleaning near cat litter, a piece of newspaper paper got cut and sucked into the vacuum. One or two weeks we used the vacuum with no serious problem. Until I wanted to use it today. Machine had enormous noise while vacuuming. So this time I decided to act.

I located the problem, paper got stuck at the last part before the dust bin (inlet pipe?).

So as an idiot, I tried to find it with my fingers. Which did not work. Eventually I tried with a pen and screwdriver without seeing, which failed too.

Since I did not have the tools to open it and how, I was thinking maybe I should pour some water in so thin paper gets out.. Then I decided maybe I damage the machine that way.

So then this brilliant idea showed up in my mind. If I remove the dust bin and put hose directly to the suction beginning and put other end to the stuck part, I could take the thing out. Since I will not be able to fix the hose, the suction will be modarate and I can pull it immidiately when paper gets cleared.

What happened.. well you know what happened, yeah plan worked.. but it went too good and paper got stuck to engine part this time and now noise is coming from the engine.

So could you guide me how to put that damn paper out of there?

I know that I am an idiot you don't need to remind.

Thanks.

Offline AdamF

• Dyson,Sebo,Miele
Re: Help the idiot
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 05:23:27 pm »
First off hello and welcome to the forum.

Then lets move on to the next thing you need to get a set of tools for the job,
Then if you use  the search bar to look for dc39 stripdown their is an awesome guide with lots and lots of pics on what to do ,if you follow this you should be able to sort your problem's .

hope this helps  :thumbsup:

Offline maxigenous

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:24:35 am »
Thank you for welcoming Adam :)

Well I have checked that I must say that I am scared as a novice tech person who does not have necessary tools.

Do you recommend for a person like myself to open it up try to reach all the way to the heart of it?

Regards,

Offline AdamF

• Dyson,Sebo,Miele
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 12:45:43 pm »
Take your time, read the stripdown and then re read it and do it step by step might seem like its going to take ages but you have to start at some point.

Just make sure you have all the tools such as a set of torx drivers, small screwdriver set, and any thing that's listed in the guide ,

Good luck and let us know how your getting on.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 02:42:19 pm »
Fail!

You'll be fine, my stripdown thread is in order, so just follow it through and you will be ok!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 02:43:05 pm »
Or do you have another vacuum cleaner to just suck the paper out of the fancase?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 05:01:08 pm »
Nice idea though...
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 06:44:35 pm »
https://manchestervacs.co.uk/DysonForum/index.php/topic,2135.0.html

The lady who owned this did exactly the same thing,  don't worry!

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration