The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC04 Absolute Lime Purple - De Stijl mashup  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Elgin

DC04 Absolute Lime Purple - De Stijl mashup
« on: November 29, 2016, 09:41:39 pm »
Hey guys
So we all know Charlie, My DC04 Absolute Purple and Lime... Well recently my modified purple chassis broke and I'm going to pick one up later in the week for 15 pound (A chassis that is), Now because I cant get any Purple U-Bend/ Elbow I was wondering what it would look like if I swap the bends for the red De Stijl ones, Changed the filter cover to red, But I just cant decide on something else to change to red, Not sure on a Clutch cover, Brushroll housing or a Head. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: DC04 Absolute Lime Purple - De Stijl mashup
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 12:31:54 am »
Lol cool, looks like Barney to me :))
PS Why would you want to change some parts to red? IMHO I like original looks as they seem to look best and obviously original lol ;)

There are many parts you can get in red , some of which may be from an 07 but also fit the DC04 perfectly fine all the same; Shroud
Wand
Clutch knob
Cleaner head
Bumper/brush housing
Soleplate
Tools
Valve pipe
I can't think of any others right now, sorry.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 11:42:49 pm »
PS Why would you want to change some parts to red? IMHO I like original looks as they seem to look best and obviously original lol ;)

There are many parts you can get in red , some of which may be from an 07 but also fit the DC04 perfectly fine all the same; Shroud
Wand
Clutch knob
Cleaner head
Bumper/brush housing
Soleplate
Tools
Valve pipe

Hi mate, Quick question are you Tayyab's room on youtube?

Offline Elgin

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:45:52 pm »

Wand
Clutch knob
Cleaner head
Bumper/brush housing
Soleplate
Tools
Valve pipe
Well if Dyson had originally built these purple and lime machines with purple chassis and purple bends then it would be fully original, Sadly dyson used a grey chassis so I used a Purple chassis from a purple and magenta, grey chassis doesn't look right to me and with the elbow being grey and red is the only coloured one they did I was looking about picking up the red inspection tubes and getting a red filter cover so it kinda evens it out, from my plan it should look good.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 11:47:49 pm »

Wand
Clutch knob
Cleaner head
Bumper/brush housing
Soleplate
Tools
Valve pipe

Hi mate, Quick question are you Tayyab's room on youtube?

Yes I am, how did you know? :o

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:50:09 pm »

Wand
Clutch knob
Cleaner head
Bumper/brush housing
Soleplate
Tools
Valve pipe
Well if Dyson had originally built these purple and lime machines with purple chassis and purple bends then it would be fully original, Sadly dyson used a grey chassis so I used a Purple chassis from a purple and magenta, grey chassis doesn't look right to me and with the elbow being grey and red is the only coloured one they did I was looking about picking up the red inspection tubes and getting a red filter cover so it kinda evens it out, from my plan it should look good.

I see what you mean and being the picky person that I am I sometimes find that Dyson makes their own slight errors, such as using DC07 tools on a DC04, those stair tools and dusting brushes may appear the right colour but some of them have grooves around the necks to click into a Dc07's tool storage.

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration