The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Does anyone know or can source a Miele S812 XXL  (Read 6055 times)

Offline gibsonlp

Does anyone know or can source a Miele S812 XXL
« on: December 01, 2016, 06:40:41 pm »
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and a Miele fan. I am trying to find a Miele S812 XXL or one of the models from the 800 series. They seem to be super rare so if anyone knows where or if they're selling one. Please let me know.

:)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Does anyone know or can source a Miele S812 XXL
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:53 pm »
Welcome!

There's one in London - Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182373624472

Or one that needs the motor fixing/replacing in Derby Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232153024160

Another dead one in Worthing Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192040162260
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:23:48 pm »
Or an actual working one in ingatstone Look at this on eBay  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172425189763
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline gibsonlp

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 09:34:22 pm »
Hi Beko,

Thanks for your reply and links. This is the model I am looking for. It's one of that older versions and I got outbid on this today due to my session expiring last minute. These seem to be rarer and the annoying thing it was only down the road. If anyone knows where or can help me find this model that would be fantastic.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:31:21 pm »
Oooh I saw that on ebay! Bad luck, I've never seen one of those. Are the small tools genuine though?

Offline gibsonlp

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:48:53 pm »
No the tools on this one wasn't genuine. It had come from a house clearance and probably the owners swapped the tools. When it was new it  would be exact same as what you would get with the S512 or S712 but this version is a lot larger and quite rare in the U.K. However the model seems a lot more common in Europe than over here such as the flagship Blue Moon version. There is also an orange big cat & dog version on a buy it now I think. Apparently these larger types are the best made and the most powerful. I'm hoping I can find another!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 08:36:16 pm »
If you look in the early mornings you'll find one.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline gibsonlp

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 09:22:10 pm »
I'm watching eBay like a hawk at the minute to see if there is anything that pops up. It's tempting to go look at the continent but that would be hassle trying to get a cord rewinder. I hear a lot of Mieles go in the trash with a simple fault. Do any of you go to the recycling centre and rescue these?

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration