The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Henry Xtra/ Numatic Airobrush review  (Read 6615 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Henry Xtra/ Numatic Airobrush review
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:00:52 pm »
I have a Henry vacuum from like 2007 IIRC, it has a twinflo motor and it's fantastic- Picks up anything you throw at it, it can suck a golfball through the hose and never says no. I decided to treat it to an airo brush so Iordered a genuine one for £25, yes a bit pricey for a turbo brush but I could return it, I liked the looks, heard good things about it and thought why not?

It arrived yesterday, I attached it to my Henry wands and switched it on high mode. Daaaamn! It works bloody well!

If you have hairy carpets, that your Henry struggles on- get it. Have you seen that Cillit bang advert? Those Flash cleaning adverts? When the guy wipes the surface once and it's a bloody amazingly clean path- That's exactly how it will transform your Henry.

I tried it on the following carpets:

A very thin AF cheap  rug with tile flooring underneath- Brush span quite well
Thick 1 inch thick plush deep pile carpet- Never slowed down much
Flattened 10 year old loop pile- Same result as the thin rug
Medium pile plush- Span quite well, slowed down slightly

It has two small holes in the back of the soleplate and edge cleaning suction channels so it has airflow and stops the suction sealing to stop the brush, it's a pretty good tool!

I would say it cleans almost as well as a clutched DC04 with dusty filters, literally the suction of Henrys is so good and having a turbobrush spin so fast (Most turbo brushes are crap except this and Dyson ones), but the brush does slow down slightly due to it being a traditional turbo brush of course.

If you HAVE to have a cylinder vacuum, either get a Numatic with an airobrush or a Dyson. Never thought I'd be so impressed with a turbo brush!

Dyson ones are better IMHO though, the brushes speed up once the hit the surface, are easy to push and provide amazing airflow (everything would get picked up in one pass)

PS the bristles are decently stiff, not too stiff but they are good enough to gently clean but groom well.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Henry Xtra/ Numatic Airobrush review
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 11:06:06 pm »
Bump bump bump the thread gently up the hierarchy

Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily Forums like this are fun to discuss on ;D

Offline Hoover Master

• I like dyson,numatic and miele most.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 07:35:31 pm »
Great review! I got mine with my Lewis and I've used it so much and found the same great results you have. Mine is the black plain version.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 04:54:12 pm »
Cheers
I've been using mine a few days now and it's brilliant, grooms well. I think it's pretty well designed for a turbo brush

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram