The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Nans OTT! Help with DC04  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Elgin

Nans OTT! Help with DC04
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:09:02 pm »
ok so my Nan's Dyson DC04 mashup (Some kind of mashup she liked when we were scanning ebay and bought made up of: Purple and Magenta head, Absolute Purple and Lime chassis, Dyson DC04 Ametek motor, absolute standard bin and a standard dc04 yellow handle)

Getting pics soon, Ive re-furbished I don't know how many times. Ive put a new hoses in, New brushroll, New clutch, but she is still adamant its not working like she wants, No matter what. Shes always onabout going to "The man down the road" to get another DC04 but its not going to work any better I keep telling her. I even use it and it works amazingly. Today I just thought i'd scan ebay for more dc04's and now shes onabout "Well I don't need one - That one works brilliantly" I mean WTF! I have "Fixed" Something that wasn't even wrong how many times,  :'(
I mean, I think shes getting fed up with it, Ive already had to replace the bottom hose twice, this time with a brand new genuine limited stock from Dyson Revivers up the road from us. (Dyson Revivers is what we call "The man down the road" I mean its not even a man who runs the place :'( :'( :'()
the Handle has gone brittle, Its one from the VERY early models 1998 or something, so I really don't know, should we just go up road and buy a re-furbished one for very good quality the exact same as mine for 55 pound and keep the odd bits for spares or just replace the handle and hope everything else holds together?

Some advice for my Nan please. I want a good system for her. I don't know wether to order a handle since ive got her some smelly pads, turbing brush for X-Mas. or wether we should pop up road and grab the De Stijl they got while its still there for 70pounds, If the De Stijl is gone id let her decide her favourite colour, The only reason I would choose her the De Stijl is because if she ends up getting a new one eventually, I could covert my Absolute into a De Stijl, Their De Stijl is amazing but the grey handle bugs me soo badly, so id swap my purple one onto it if I had it. :offtopic:

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Nans OTT! Help with DC04
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:37:18 pm »
Lol let her try either a DC07/14 Origin with seals in the soleplate or a DC41 Mk2/55/DC75 on the max setting if she wants a powerful upright ;D

What's the brushbar like? DC04 bristles I see nowadays have such soft bristles compared to DC14 ones, also the Internal hose needs to push the soleplate properly against the floor, turn is 180 degrees if you can and it should do the trick. Maybe it's missing soleplate seals as well? They may not be in the soleplate, but in the brush housing as well. One row along the top and one for the bottom

PS You can't go wrong with a DC14 really, they clean very well, work very well and there's old people who don't care about the bulky DC07's etc because they love them so much. They clean pretty well tbh and I'd rather have one than any vax/modern crappy Hoover

Offline taran57

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 01:16:58 am »
Yeah, thinking about getting my mother in law a dc14 as she can never remember to put bags in the panasonic upright  :'(
Been over a few times with the dc07 to suck up the mess.  :snivel:

Offline Elgin

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 03:37:47 pm »
Lol let her try either a DC07/14 Origin with seals in the soleplate or a DC41 Mk2/55/DC75 on the max setting if she wants a powerful upright ;D

What's the brushbar like? DC04 bristles I see nowadays have such soft bristles compared to DC14 ones, also the Internal hose needs to push the soleplate properly against the floor, turn is 180 degrees if you can and it should do the trick. Maybe it's missing soleplate seals as well? They may not be in the soleplate, but in the brush housing as well. One row along the top and one for the bottom

PS You can't go wrong with a DC14 really, they clean very well, work very well and there's old people who don't care about the bulky DC07's etc because they love them so much. They clean pretty well tbh and I'd rather have one than any vax/modern crappy Hoover
When I buit her the dc04 I installer a brand new dc14 brush roll,  amazing brushes you can see the difference using that brush roll compared to its original one. Everything seems fine with it TBH. Also brand new hose and it is pushing the brush roll onto the carpet better than mine does, nothing physix ally wrong with the vacuum, it's just Nan

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram