The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC11 turbine slow  (Read 11050 times)

Offline taran57

DC11 turbine slow
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:38:38 am »
I have a dc11 turbine head which only runs at half speed and stops as soon as it hits the carpet, I have stripped it as far as it goes and the fan is not damaged, the belt is tight and the bearings are smooth. I did notice on disassembly that someone had glued on the plunger seal, and it tore off.  :censored: I reassembled everything as best i could but it is only a weeny bit better, not proper though.
Any help will be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: DC11 turbine slow
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:02:44 am »
I'm surprised you American's play with them weak plastic toys to be honest lol.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline taran57

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 02:07:58 pm »
I dont just do dyson dude, but some of us actually like to work on stuff that isnt a boat anchor 25 years out of date, i mean the g3 was a throwback when it came out, and all its had is drag changes  :underchair:

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 02:35:45 pm »
I watch a lot of American YouTubers that like Vacuum's and they're all Kirby or Royal with the odd Electrolux here and there lol. I get the impression you lot don't like messing with flimsy euro crap that's all...
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline dysondc16

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 02:49:30 pm »
Honestly I don't really want 50% of the kirbys I own (and getting rid of them is hard). I like them but really don't enjoy using them for regular vacuuming. If I want to use a metal beast of a vacuum I usually grab an old hoover or something similar.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 03:07:27 pm »
Oh man I love using my Kirby, my Sebo feels too light but it's nice so I keep that in case I die suddenly, using a heavier Vacuum brings a sense of satisfaction I think... Having said that I don't consider Kirby's to be heavy, they are obviously heavier than a flimsy plastic machine but I feel unless you're quite old and diminished using one isn't a problem :)

Anyway, sorry for going off of your Topic I hope you find your answer soon :)

Offline taran57

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 03:26:58 pm »
I do agree that new dysons are junk, i only like their older stuff, 01-24. But get what you mean about using a solid machine. And generally older is better!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 06:03:28 pm »
I love all Dysons!
The DC11 turbine is probably in need of lubrication at the bearings, this is most probably at the brush axle. Beko1987 did a DC11 stripdown and you may be able to successfully get yours up and running again following his guides. Actually remembering now he did a turbine head stripdown in detail ;)

Kirbys are awesome, I have a Legend 2 and G6. I wasn't so keen on their performance at first but the more I used them the better I realised they are! I find Dysons hard to beat though as a modern 21st century vacuum though

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 06:09:20 pm »
Oh man I love using my Kirby, my Sebo feels too light but it's nice so I keep that in case I die suddenly, using a heavier Vacuum brings a sense of satisfaction I think... Having said that I don't consider Kirby's to be heavy, they are obviously heavier than a flimsy plastic machine but I feel unless you're quite old and diminished using one isn't a problem :)

Anyway, sorry for going off of your Topic I hope you find your answer soon :)

Kirbys are not too heavy for me either, they are very good machines! My legend 2 has a nice grooming noise from the brushroll along with the nice smooth motor hum
i just learnt something new. Kirbys are two speed. In hose mode they run on high speed and on cleaner head mode they vacuum at the lower speed, not sure why but it's a very well designed vacuum, such a tank and as long as the bags and belts are replaced (and the brushroll when necessary) it will continue to be a tank.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 06:54:52 pm »
I'm glad you've grown to like your Kirby's Parwaz ;)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 07:01:09 pm »
Me too, I'm not so keen on the colour of my Legend 2 so I found a Heritage 2 on eBay with a broken fan, will get that and swap the fans over :) Missing the head though but I have the right one already

My G6 is great, just a bit battered. Once I come across a better condition G6 and/or newer model I'll then sell mine.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 09:10:26 pm »
Pants, give me a junior any day.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 09:18:07 pm »

I've got a 375 if you want it...

Offline taran57

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 12:26:10 am »
Give me a convertible 33 (senior) any day!  :grinn:

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 12:57:59 am »
Give me either a Dyson DC14, DC41, Kirby Heritage 2, G6/Sentria or a Henry anyday!

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration