The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dc41 animal hose won't go down  (Read 18530 times)

Offline Blitz_911

Dc41 animal hose won't go down
« on: December 28, 2016, 09:19:14 pm »
Hi, I have been having an issue with my dc41 animal. Whenever we take the hose off to use the wand and try to replace the hose back onto the Hoover it will not push down all the way, it's like the hose is too long to fit in. The wand goes in and out no problem. I have checked to make sure here are no blockages n the wand and hose, that the hose is not twisted, I have unclipped the hose and tried to fit it in without the wand and it still doesn't fit.

I have googled this problem but there only seems to be issues with the wand not going down rather than the hose. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: Dc41 animal hose won't go down
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:57:07 pm »
Are they suppose to go in without the wand? I didn't think they were 🤔
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 01:53:47 am »
Could you remove the hose and then place the wand inside to see if the end of the wand stick out the bottom of the hose?

Also, remove the handle at the back of the vacuum with the black clip and then slot the wand into it. Does it slot in nicely?

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 10:36:50 am »
Could you remove the hose and then place the wand inside to see if the end of the wand stick out the bottom of the hose?

Also, remove the handle at the back of the vacuum with the black clip and then slot the wand into it. Does it slot in nicely?

^^^ You're in safe hands now Dr Parwaz is on scene  :smokin:
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Blitz_911

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 01:09:42 pm »

When I remove the top of the handle it fits in but the handle won't clip back on as its too far from the clip due to the hose.

The hose needs to be in before the wand can go down as otherwise the locating grooves on the wand won't go into the slots on the handle, so the wand is not all the way down anyway when the hose is being pushed down

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 01:32:51 pm »

When I remove the top of the handle it fits in but the handle won't clip back on as its too far from the clip due to the hose.

The hose needs to be in before the wand can go down as otherwise the locating grooves on the wand won't go into the slots on the handle, so the wand is not all the way down anyway when the hose is being pushed down

Sorry, I'm not too sure what you mean by the first sentence, there's a clip on the hose  cuff (red) and one black clip for the main handle

The hose can be removed completely from the vacuum by removing the bin and pressing the little red latch behind it at the bottom for the hose

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 01:34:23 pm »

^^^ You're in safe hands now Dr Parwaz is on scene  :smokin:

That's actually my dad's name! ;D "Dr Parwaz"

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 03:52:23 pm »

What kind of Doctor? Foot?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 05:39:47 pm »

What kind of Doctor? Foot?

No but he did a PHD in something I forget what it's called

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 07:09:22 pm »
Ginocology?

Offline Blitz_911

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 08:02:49 pm »

Sorry, I'm not too sure what you mean by the first sentence, there's a clip on the hose  cuff (red) and one black clip for the main handle

The hose can be removed completely from the vacuum by removing the bin and pressing the little red latch behind it at the bottom for the hose

I think I got confused. I have unclipped the hose from the back of the stain using the red clip at the bottom. I was unable to detach the plastic housing at the top of the hose from the actual hose as the black clips were too tight. The top of he handle on the body of the Hoover I clips, and when I unclip this the hose will sit at right in he Hoover by then I can't fit the handle back on

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 08:55:11 pm »

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 08:58:15 pm »

I think I got confused. I have unclipped the hose from the back of the stain using the red clip at the bottom. I was unable to detach the plastic housing at the top of the hose from the actual hose as the black clips were too tight. The top of he handle on the body of the Hoover I clips, and when I unclip this the hose will sit at right in he Hoover by then I can't fit the handle back on

Aah, basically at the hose cuff there's a big red round circular button , press that and hold it down and it allows you to either put the wand inside the hose or remove the wand completely.

The main vacuuming handle can be removed by the black clip (which is what I meant by black clip) at the read spine of the vacuum.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram