The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson Small ball UP15  (Read 13761 times)

Offline Br1son

Dyson Small ball UP15
« on: December 31, 2016, 07:58:47 pm »
Please could anyone help me i have just got a small ball UP15 which was no sucking very well i have found the problem and it is no sucking great but i can not find the filters that fit it under dyson small ball UP15.please could any one advise which type i need also is this a new model.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: Dyson Small ball UP15
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 08:07:53 pm »
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Br1son

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:28:02 pm »
Hi thank you but no that is not the correct one that is for a dyson dc24 ball

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 09:28:24 pm »
Rusty those are DC24 filters :P

The Dyson smallball is basically a DC50, the filters don't need replacing. Wash them and let them dry and your suction should be as good as new. If not, then check the machine for blockages, particularly at the cyclone entry into the bin

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 09:29:29 pm »
Ahhh sorry it says UP15 like you asked for so I thought that's what you meant. What one do you have?

Rusty those are DC24 filters :P

The Dyson smallball is basically a DC50, the filters don't need replacing. Wash them and let them dry and your suction should be as good as new. If not, then check the machine for blockages, particularly at the cyclone entry into the bin

And yeah of course they're washable but he said he wanted new ones...  :boggleeye:
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Br1son

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 09:40:54 pm »
Hi Parwaz7862 thank you for the advice i have looked at the dc50 and the filters look the same so i will order the pair as i need to replace the one in the cyclone as it has sucked in on itself and damaged it which i have never seen before hence the suction was poor,so to confirm the DC50 filters will fit the small ball UP15 i have thank you

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 09:42:26 pm »
Hi Parwaz7862 thank you for the advice i have looked at the dc50 and the filters look the same so i will order the pair as i need to replace the one in the cyclone as it has sucked in on itself and damaged it which i have never seen before hence the suction was poor,so to confirm the DC50 filters will fit the small ball UP15 i have thank you

No problem ;)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 11:41:51 pm »
You're the man Parwaz!

Offline Elgin

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 11:55:55 pm »

No problem ;)
My uncle has a DC50, I think it sounds like one of those cheap crappy 200w stick vacs that dont last 5 mins

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 03:32:52 pm »
I've got no idea fam, would you like a kipper tie?

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 04:32:50 pm »
That didn't take long. Mission accomplished.

Offline Halcyon

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 08:01:26 pm »
I just had a pleasure of using this machine and I'm absolutely amazed.
I should've bought it instead of Ball Animal 2.
So much easier to use and still feels powerful.
As I read it tends to block, but I wouldn't vacuum any long dog hair or socks.
Although it's really strange that motor and dust vents are so close to each other. But when I had Ball Animal 2 I was wiping the bottom of the bin with a cloth anyway.
Do you guys think that it's a good cleaner?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 10:14:19 pm »
I just had a pleasure of using this machine and I'm absolutely amazed.
I should've bought it instead of Ball Animal 2.
So much easier to use and still feels powerful.
As I read it tends to block, but I wouldn't vacuum any long dog hair or socks.
Although it's really strange that motor and dust vents are so close to each other. But when I had Ball Animal 2 I was wiping the bottom of the bin with a cloth anyway.
Do you guys think that it's a good cleaner?

TBH I'd get the light ball, same thing bus slightly bigger and still not as heavy as the ball 2 and has a wider wand and easier to use wand than the Ball 2. Otherwise they're pretty much the same machine

I don't see how the small ball is better than the light ball in any way other than size

Offline Halcyon

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 09:31:02 am »
Well and that's the thing I didn't like in Ball 2 it was big.
Small ball's just really tiny and light. Think that it's even lighter than Miele C2 Compact.

They have it in Leekes Total Clean for 239.  :whist11: :whist11: And how much was it when it was new, do you guys know? 399?

Offline Halcyon

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 08:17:31 pm »
Call me crazy guys but when I found it on Marketplace I couldn't miss it. Found Total Clean with all the attachments, original box and instructions for 100£. I know, cheaply made plastic piece of junk, but it is so nice to use. I don't even mind that it's so loud.
Basically no marks on it, bin is still fairly clear.
Only the cleaner head is a bit dirty. The brushroll looks like new to be honest.

Filters are alright too. It's not dusty behind the post motor filter.
The lady selling it said that it was too heavy for her.  :sick0012: Is she for real?  :-\
Anyway, it has a little smell while vacuuming and I think it comes from the cyclone. Maybe that's why she wanted to sell it.
Do you guys think that vacuuming Zorb might help with it.

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration