The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Motor blown, looks ok?  (Read 9963 times)

Offline Elgin

Motor blown, looks ok?
« on: January 02, 2017, 12:15:10 am »
So I replaced the old Animal DC07 motor a month ago and thought id have a look at the old Panasonic YV2200.
The armeture looks ok, but the carbons has little lumps on the tips where they run the armature, and the metal pieces around the carbon look like theve been exposed to high heat, as in not normal heat but big big heat.
The entire motor body looks ok, but the top where the smallest rubber sits is very brown?
Ill try and get pictures soon, But all 5 thousand (Ok mabey not that many) but all 7 of my phones are dead, YES 7!!!

Offline taran57

Re: Motor blown, looks ok?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:08:58 am »
Not samsung phones?
They are like ydk motors, cheap and short lived.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 01:28:55 pm »
Not samsung phones?
They are like ydk motors, cheap and short lived.
I prefer Samsung over Apple,
I got the Galaxy S5, Over here they live forever both apple and samsung, The only Samsungs that didn't survive me was when I took it outside with a hammer :O

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:03:38 pm »
Samsung and all Android phones slow down and freeze very quickly. I've never had an Apple slow down yet.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Madrat

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 04:29:47 pm »
All apple are over priced crap as far as I'm concerned. Love android especially on a Sony

Offline taran57

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 05:05:03 pm »
They both suck but sumsung is alot more frustrating.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 05:11:51 pm »
Samsung are just pants  :'(

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »
All apple are over priced crap as far as I'm concerned. Love android especially on a Sony

They are indeed over priced. But, so is everything now days.

I paid £9.99 for a sink plunger today, it snapped in half on the first plunge. I got my money back. Moral is, it was over priced.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline taran57

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 05:59:07 pm »
Did it have drain plunge technology?  :'( As everything is "technology" these days.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 06:26:31 pm »
Haha no but it was called "Heavy Duty Plunger" it was more like a kids toy.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 09:00:51 pm »
Haha no but it was called "Heavy Duty Plunger" it was more like a kids toy.
Just thought I'd awaken the fact I created this topic:

So I replaced the old Animal DC07 motor a month ago and thought id have a look at the old Panasonic YV2200.
The armature looks ok, but the carbons have little lumps on the tips where they run the armature, and the metal pieces around the carbon look like they've been exposed to high heat, as in not normal heat but big big heat.
The entire motor body looks ok, but the top where the smallest rubber sits is very brown?
I'll try and get pictures soon, But all 5 thousand (Ok Mabey not that many) but all 7 of my phones are dead, YES 7!!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 01:50:05 am »
Samsung and all Android phones slow down and freeze very quickly. I've never had an Apple slow down yet.

Exactly!!!
Also if it gets damaged from being dropped or something, I'd take it to an actual apple store and be confident they'll do a proper job, if it's another phone, well most people would take it to a corner shop :)) Best place is carphone warehouse though

Offline Elgin

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 05:58:19 am »

Exactly!!!
Also if it gets damaged from being dropped or something, I'd take it to an actual apple store and be confident they'll do a proper job, if it's another phone, well most people would take it to a corner shop :)) Best place is carphone warehouse though
If an iPhone gets damaged bring it to me and my dad, most recent repair: Replacing an iPhone 6 screen aswell as having to keep the original home button because the button and board are link via a unique code
And doing a special mod for me: Changing a white iPhone 5c to yellow

Offline Elgin

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 06:04:20 am »
The armeture looks ok, but the carbons has little lumps on the tips where they run the armature, and the metal pieces around the carbon look like theve been exposed to high heat, as in not normal heat but big big heat.
Ill try and get pictures soon, But all 5 thousand (Ok mabey not that many) but all 7 of my phones are dead, YES 7!!!
So now I have removed the Thermal cutout switch and both brush holders and the motor spins freeeeeee...
If I hold the spindal and twist the motor it spins forever, pop in the brushes and game over, scratching noise, one of the carbons is half the size of the other, the larger has a chip in it so who knows whats happened inside that housing of the DC07.
I will post some photos and videos tonight when I get home.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 06:14:21 am »

Exactly!!!
Yo, Parwaz; Are you selling a couple DC14's on ebay? I typed in eBay DC14, and refined it so cheapest first and within 25 miles of my postcode: WS12 2** and one of the cheaper DC14's that I decided to have a poke around the photos, the seller was 'parwazbusinessman' in Birmingham with a yellow dc14 £35
here is a little quote I just retyped from the description:
Dyson DC14 Origin in good working order with strong suction, can be seen working. No tools but can be bought on ebay for £5 a full set. The bin has been swapped for another one without the sticker because it was cracked, so its cleaner and in good condition now.
Please see other refurbished and used Dysons. Can give a discount if you trade your old dyson,

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram