The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC44 tool fittings  (Read 4205 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Dyson DC44 tool fittings
« on: January 03, 2017, 01:59:34 am »
I got a DC44 traded in today, lovely machine! Just needed the terminals for the wand cleaning and a good charge :)) I plan to keep it now

I just need want a mini motorised head for it, I can't find any cheap ones on eBay besides some aftermarket ones and expensive genuine ones. I did, however find some nice looking cheap V6 ones, I'm 99% certain they don't fit but is there any modification I can do or are they a different size altogether for the slots?

There was a thread like this that I can't seem to find, but I remember reading something like a Dc35 motorised head won't fit a DC44 or something

I would get a non genuine one if the price is good but what's the difference between that and a genuine one? They can't be clones can they? lol

If the bristles are stiffer or if they clean just as well or better than it's worth goinf for the non gen I suppose... not very experienced in any cordless after the DC35.

I had a non genuine large floor motorhead for a DC34 and it was alright, the carbon fibre felt fake and there were wheels instead of a ball, so God knows what the non genuine mini motorheads could be lacking from the genuine ones

Thanks ;)

Offline Elgin

Re: Dyson DC44 tool fittings
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:00:55 am »
I got a DC44 traded in today, lovely machine! Just needed the terminals for the wand cleaning and a good charge :)) I plan to keep it now

I just need want a mini motorised head for it, I can't find any cheap ones on eBay besides some aftermarket ones and expensive genuine ones. I did, however find some nice looking cheap V6 ones, I'm 99% certain they don't fit but is there any modification I can do or are they a different size altogether for the slots?

There was a thread like this that I can't seem to find, but I remember reading something like a Dc35 motorised head won't fit a DC44 or something

I would get a non genuine one if the price is good but what's the difference between that and a genuine one? They can't be clones can they? lol

If the bristles are stiffer or if they clean just as well or better than it's worth goinf for the non gen I suppose... not very experienced in any cordless after the DC35.

I had a non genuine large floor motorhead for a DC34 and it was alright, the carbon fibre felt fake and there were wheels instead of a ball, so God knows what the non genuine mini motorheads could be lacking from the genuine ones

Thanks ;)
no good asking me mate, I'm useless with anything other than a DC33, 14, 7, 4 3 or 1 oh and DC50

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Dyson DC44 tool fittings
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 03:26:50 pm »
no problem
Still tempted to get a V6 head and modify it, dunno if it'll work though

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram