The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Pre-motor filter dirty  (Read 18022 times)

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
Re: Pre-motor filter dirty
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 07:59:49 am »
I tried my dc07 (cut down) cyclone yesterday and oh my I actually think it may have gone quieter. It definitely works better now and will put some pictures on here in a minute.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 11:55:27 am »
I tried my dc07 (cut down) cyclone yesterday and oh my I actually think it may have gone quieter. It definitely works better now and will put some pictures on here in a minute.

OK cool!, My dc07 is completely screwed now. If i was going to bring it back to goof condition I would need everything but the chassis!!! Even the motor is  :dead-dyson:

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 07:29:23 am »
oh and well R.I.P your DC07.  I was going to ask the mini turbine head it has the 1 and 2 slider (Check slider) what difference is it if I change it from the 1 to the 2. Thanks

Offline Elgin

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 04:21:05 pm »
oh and well R.I.P your DC07.  I was going to ask the mini turbine head it has the 1 and 2 slider (Check slider) what difference is it if I change it from the 1 to the 2. Thanks

I would assume that 1 is slow brush and 2 is fast brush, ALthough im not sure, mine dfoesnt have the slider

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 10:03:44 am »
Here are the pictures I took around a week ago now. First use since cutting the cyclone down.

I do think it works better but I will take a picture of the pre motor filter later.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 01:46:12 pm »
Here are the pictures I took around a week ago now. First use since cutting the cyclone down.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I do think it works better but I will take a picture of the pre motor filter later.

I do think it looks better, Deefinatly not clogged.
Ive given up on my 07, It now just sits in a corner rotting away,
Mabey one day in the next couple of months ill get round to sorting it. But pretty much everything is scrap on it now

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 03:59:00 pm »
Yh there is a lot more dirt but never had this much so at leat it works better. Oh I only use this dc07 for the stairs now as I had to use the soleplate from this one on the dc04.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 04:05:12 pm »
Yh there is a lot more dirt but never had this much so at leat it works better. Oh I only use this dc07 for the stairs now as I had to use the soleplate from this one on the dc04.
The soleplate fitted?
When I tried i could get the 04 to fit the 07, but not the 07 to fit the 04

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2017, 04:25:15 pm »
Yh to my surprise too it did fit perfectly. Oh that's a shame I feel sorry for you. The dc04 I have got is the grey and green one or lime.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2017, 02:20:33 am »
Yh to my surprise too it did fit perfectly. Oh that's a shame I feel sorry for you. The dc04 I have got is the grey and green one or lime.

Agh, Yes forgot you had non-clutched, Since they use the same brushroll housing, brushroll, belt, hose and soleplate its not too much of a surprise,
However sadly the DC07 and DC04 clutched (Havent had non clutched for 6 months now) have different burushroll, thus different housing, meaning different hose and soleplate,

The hose on a nonclutched is the push on changeover - screw on housing for both 04 and 07
The hose on a clutched dc07 is push on changeover screw on housing, but the dc04 has push on housing and changeover,

The brushroll on a clutch dc07 doesn't have the edge cleaning brushes
There fore the housing doesnt have the holes in the side for the brushroll, and the soleplate is fitted with the brushes, instead of the brushroll,

On a 04 the edge brushes are on the brushroll so there are holes in the housing, and the soleplate isn't fitted with brushes,

however the entire brushroll housing can be moved across the dc07 and dc04 no matter clutched or not
On another note, the dc04 soleplate does fit the 07 but you do lose the edge cleaning facility, again the same for the 04 if you use a dc07 brushroll,

And the dc14 is an entire different thing, being the front before brushroll suction lines...  Ill do more detail in some section where i can explain about all 3 models... So to check up just click on my account and look through my posts for where I talk about it. Labled something like 04,07, and 14 clutched differeneces. just keep an eye out, Ill send the link across too if you want

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram