The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Hoover Turbopower 2: U2119 001. Motor Brushes Available?  (Read 4603 times)

Offline macman

Hoover Turbopower 2: U2119 001. Motor Brushes Available?
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:33:48 pm »
I was gifted quite a presentable one of these yesterday, I don't normally have much time for 90's Hoovers, but since it was otherwise going to the tip, I thought I'd have a go at reconditioning it.
It's all complete and not too bad once the grime is off, but the motor brushes are well worn down, so I thought I'd change them while it's in bits. But a couple of hours later online and I've drawn a blank with a source for these-does anywhere know where I might be able to get some please?
The original Hoover part reference is L63F7.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Hoover Turbopower 2: U2119 001. Motor Brushes Available?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:59:33 pm »
I doubt you will have much luck tbh, but they might be the same size as something else? I have an old book from Quаltex that lists all the carbon brushes they ever made/make, I'll have a read later and post up what I find, then Stu might be able to lay his hands on them.

How worn down are they though? I've had less than 1cm before and it's been OK, I've got a turbopower 1 down to 0.5mm in the loft that runs fine, but it's only 400w so doesn't have the potential to wear down so fast.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline macman

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 02:03:57 pm »
Thanks beko, they're OK for the moment (around 1cm), but while I had it in bits anyway for the stripdown, I thought I'd change the brushes as well.
Yes, you're probably right, I would have to use something similar and cut them down as required.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 02:07:07 pm »
They would have been sold, but TP2 stuff seems to have gone very obselete. I would offer you some from one of my 3 tp2's but that would ruin them so that won't happen!

You'll probably have more luck finding a motor, the purepower/dustmanagerless is the same I think, and the Vortex, their Amtek jobs (although I doubt a DC01 Amtek would fit, but I've never tried tbh).

A 2200w dustmanager motor in a TP2 would be fun...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration