The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC25 Valve Hatch And Wheel Rubbing The Canister  (Read 4870 times)

Offline rocksolid82

DC25 Valve Hatch And Wheel Rubbing The Canister
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:18:26 pm »
Hello all,

I recently inherited my parents DC25. Everything still works great other than the Valve Hatch and Wheel have started rubbing the back of the dust canister. This is now preventing the change over from properly functioning when the wand is removed or replaced. in the pictures you can see how it is rubbing. (I know it's filthy, I accidentally opened the canister)

Any help would be appreciated in resolving this.

Thanks in advance.

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: DC25 Valve Hatch And Wheel Rubbing The Canister
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:48:40 pm »
One of the Dyson kings will be along shortly, please sit back and make yourself at home while you wait.
Maybe take a look around if you feel like it, you're more than welcome to take a peek into any one of the various rooms and you never know, you may find yourself enjoying your stay.

If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:24:43 pm »
Hi
If you remove the screw holding the clear egg shaped piece of plastic you can remove that clear part by simply sliding the arm out from the centre.

Now, give the clear thing a good wash, dry and then lubricate the groove. Now reassemble in the reverse order of how you took it apart which is very simple and that should do the trick. The changeover valve should divert the suction to the wand and hose immediately everytime the wand gets pulled out.

Offline rocksolid82

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:35:40 pm »
Great! Thank you. I will give it a go when i get home. Will this fix the clearance issue between the canister and the valve hatch? I purchased a new valve hatch in case the old was bent.

I do appreciate the quick responses!

Thanks again.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram