The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson zorb  (Read 31438 times)

Offline Vacsfoodreviews

• Youtube Channel vacsfoodreviews
Dyson zorb
« on: January 27, 2017, 08:40:54 pm »
Hi guys ive been using dyson zorb with my dc04 for a few months now and i wondered what your opinions where on it i think its good and if nothing else it leaves a fresh scent on the carpet but whats your opinions?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Dyson zorb
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:59:32 pm »
I suppose it's more about your own opinion really :)) How well does it work on your carpets?  I never tried it (I know, I'm ashamed despite being a hardcore Dyson fan!) (Not air multiplier)

I seen a video where it was being compared to Vanish carpet powder. A kid drew on his hand with a Biro pen and tried rubbing the vanish powder on it with hardly any change. The Dyson zorb made the ink all go away, so I imagine it would absorb the dirt in the carpet and then dry up with the powder so the remainder can be vacuumed up- That's dry cleaning and I think it's quite clever, actually!

Offline taran57

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 12:57:04 am »
My house is all wood flooring so i cant comment!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 01:09:30 am »
My house is all wood flooring so i cant comment!

:o I can't live without carpets, I HATE hard floors, but my mum loves them soo I have to learn to like them

I love carpets, better for allergy sufferers, heat insulating and feels nice and comfortable.

Offline taran57

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 02:28:16 am »
Carpets would be worse for allergy sufferers
They retain dust and muck.
Ever pulled up a carpet?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 03:20:09 am »
Yes

But carpets trap the dust, if it were hard floors and someone shuts the door, there's a breeze which means dust flies everywhere, also when sweeping or vacuuming it flies everywhere too. Carpets capture these particles unless they are vacuumed ;)

Just use a good vacuum (Dyson, Sebo, Kirby or something) and there'll hardly be much underneath the carpet, we took our approx 8 year old carpets off our landing about 2 years ago as we had DIY work being done and there was hardly much underneath the carpet- we've been using Dysons (DC07/14/25/41s etc) over the years :icon_nod:

I always thought washing carpets was the best treatment for carpets, I still think it could be if you have a powerful vacuum, but recently after watching Kirby salesman demos I learnt something new. It was "washing carpets means you're mixing the deep down dirt with water. this produces mud and the water soaks through the carpet along with the dirt underneath it. so when it dries you have mud. The shampoo system is basically foam that is wet till dry and gets vacuumed up" or something, so it works like Zorb

I found that quite intriguing

Offline taran57

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 03:36:27 am »
Yes but you dont have dust like texas! I pulled up a carpet that had been down for 5 years and vac ed everyday. Was half an inch of fine black dust across the whole floor.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 04:25:40 pm »
Damn! :o

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 09:06:26 pm »
Yes but you dont have dust like texas! I pulled up a carpet that had been down for 5 years and vac ed everyday. Was half an inch of fine black dust across the whole floor.

They didn't have a Kirby.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 10:01:32 pm »
Or a Dyson.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 10:07:24 pm »
3 places I refuse to have carpet.

1, Hallway, just gets to dirty.

2, Kitchen, same as above and below.

3, Bathroom/Toilet, they get wet, stink and its just unhygienic.

Offline taran57

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 04:31:58 am »
Or a Dyson.
Actually they had owned a G3 and then a DC17 after the kirby snuffed it.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 11:36:05 am »

I love hallway carpets, but then again I love washing them even more.

I agree with kitchen, I've never seen a carpet in a kitchen before anyway.

And bathroom, I've been in houses with nice thick carpet designed for bathrooms and I really liked it, and it didn't seem to smell however I can see the unhygienic aspect. Personally, I'd have a carpet in the bathroom and simply wee in the toilet instead of the floor.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Elgin

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 01:37:32 pm »
I suppose it's more about your own opinion really :)) How well does it work on your carpets?  I never tried it (I know, I'm ashamed despite being a hardcore Dyson fan!) (Not air multiplier)

I seen a video where it was being compared to Vanish carpet powder. A kid drew on his hand with a Biro pen and tried rubbing the vanish powder on it with hardly any change. The Dyson zorb made the ink all go away, so I imagine it would absorb the dirt in the carpet and then dry up with the powder so the remainder can be vacuumed up- That's dry cleaning and I think it's quite clever, actually!
Oh was that Vacuummad 8? I subscribe to him, Elgin isn't it, I think hes a lot like me TBH,

Offline Madrat

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 02:24:03 pm »

I love hallway carpets, but then again I love washing them even more.

I agree with kitchen, I've never seen a carpet in a kitchen before anyway.

And bathroom, I've been in houses with nice thick carpet designed for bathrooms and I really liked it, and it didn't seem to smell however I can see the unhygienic aspect. Personally, I'd have a carpet in the bathroom and simply wee in the toilet instead of the floor.

My mother had a flotex 21 carpet in the kitchen, utter rubbish, she still insists on a carpet then moans how dirty they get  :'(

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration