The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 Re furb topic, Suggestions?  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Elgin

DC07 Re furb topic, Suggestions?
« on: February 07, 2017, 05:30:08 pm »
Has anyone any suggestions for a DC07 refurb topic I will be making?

gonna start with it fully striped down and cleaned, then I will start the thread with building the cyclone and bin,
Onto fitting the motor and cabling to the spine,
then onto the clutch, head, brushroll/brushroll housing
then onto hose and handle,
and finally bin and filters fitted.

To note:
Its gonna be a mixup, made with different colours and pieces from different models.
DC04, Brushroll, clutch, head, and brushroll housing/soleplate will be used!
Power cord will be a yellow one off a leaf blower... Just to add some random, the original cord was fine but who doesnt like random...
DC14 Dark steel brush and stairtool will be used,
Aftermarket DC04 crevis will be used (hate the DC07 crevis with the holes in the tip)
my cut down 1 cyclone will be used, and also de rooted before refurb, cyclones already cut down but isnt de rooted yet.

Suggestions?

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: DC07 Re furb topic, Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 08:30:16 pm »
Just do it and cover everything that is important ;)
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 01:49:24 pm »
I'd stick to the order you do it in, but highlight what parts you are using and where they are from.

You've reminded me, I have dc14 and dc04 motor replacement guides to write up, I'm so far behind/lazy
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 08:02:57 pm »
I'd stick to the order you do it in, but highlight what parts you are using and where they are from.

You've reminded me, I have dc14 and dc04 motor replacement guides to write up, I'm so far behind/lazy

Off your nut.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Elgin

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 02:58:56 pm »
***UPDATE***
I will be making the topic the week after next, when I can sit around all day every day striping, re building, taking photos, editing, writing captions and posting on here.
Thanks guys for your suggestions

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 03:12:21 pm »
Editing? Captions? Bloody hell your posh! When I do rebuild threads if your lucky I don't upload the blurred ones...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Elgin

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 03:46:05 pm »
Editing? Captions? Bloody hell your posh! When I do rebuild threads if your lucky I don't upload the blurred ones...

Well you know, make em compatible with the forum editing, so they are not over sized

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 03:48:43 pm »
Ah yes! IrfanView batch edits them, I can talk you through the setup if you like, I'll send you a screenshot of how mine is set up

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration