The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Suction on tool does not work well.  (Read 11985 times)

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
Re: Suction on tool does not work well.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 05:05:31 pm »
I came on here to ask you just that. I used it on the dc07 both stair tools are very fast but as soon as I put it on the dc04 it feels like it is completely slow. How much difference is the suction from the dc04 and dc07. I even bought a new hose for the dc04, I feel like it was a waste of money now as it does not even work well with the stair tools.

Thanks

Offline Elgin

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 05:09:56 pm »
Right to avoid confusation ill post a video tomorow of my dc04 vs my dc14 vs my dc07 ok?
however my dc07 has quite poor suction now because its half dead

Just trying to help you out.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 05:10:39 pm »
Oh take out the brushbars and see if it needs oiling down where the brushes sit if you want.

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 05:19:05 pm »
Oh, thanks but you don't have to. I don't want you using up your time and the thing is though I don't think it would need oiling as when I use it on the DC07 it is great. Do you think it could be the hose or the U bend.

Thanks

Offline Elgin

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 06:09:46 pm »
Oh, thanks but you don't have to. I don't want you using up your time and the thing is though I don't think it would need oiling as when I use it on the DC07 it is great. Do you think it could be the hose or the U bend.

Thanks

Check to make sure the UBend is seated corectly, They are a pain up the arse,
BTW I never have anything to do really so it makes me no difference

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 07:30:36 am »
Oh yh I will then and it seems to be fitted fine but I will check still, aha. Oh thanks then.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 08:45:08 pm »
Oh yh I will then and it seems to be fitted fine but I will check still, aha. Oh thanks then.
Hi sorry Its been a month since I mentioned the video, forgot all about it, swear I have a brain like a flippin storm drain cover
Goes right through never stays...

Tomorow after school ill setup my camera, dc04 de stijl, dc07 animal and dc14 animal and ill test it with the same amount of dirt
and also ill squash it into the carpet test, its quite surprising how slow the turbo runs on the 04's compared to the 07's and they spin at literal MPH's on the 14's - all to do with the 1200w on the 04 and the 1400w on the 07 and 14, but what makes the difference on the 07 and 14 are the cyclones - all will be explained in my 15-25 min long video that ill create tomorrow, upload to youtube during the night when there is no internet traffic, then at about 6:30 when I get up for school on tuesday ill upload onto here.
Sorry i left you hanging.
BTW did you sort your cyclones? my dc07 is utter shite all together now, cyclones don't let any dirt through, and my filter was holding  my suction back so since the cyclones arnt working properly and no dirt gets through i just removed the filter - to add to it I have a worn out and smoking clutch and duct taped rear hose, and a flymo 39ft power cord since I use it for picking up DIY and doing out the cars so who doesnt want an Extra long cable for that

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 12:31:08 am »
It's fine, I'm the one who has not been on here for a long time. I too am always forgetting things, aha.

Yh It is shocking how slow it does spin when using it with the DC04 hardly pick anything up. You mentioned the cyclones make the difference but how come, is it the suction from the motor not strong enough in the DC04 as it does feel quite good when you feel it from the hose under the brush bar. Yh I cut the cyclones down on the DC07 and I do think it works better but when I opened the top off there was some bits of fluff in it from cat hair which I personally think over time it may clog up but still I don't think it should either. Also wonder why the DC07 is the only vac they made with the cyclones upside down.

You can use a flymo power cord on the Dyson, that sounds pretty cool.

Thanks and this is the first time I've been on here again.

Hi sorry Its been a month since I mentioned the video, forgot all about it, swear I have a brain like a flippin storm drain cover
Goes right through never stays...

Tomorow after school ill setup my camera, dc04 de stijl, dc07 animal and dc14 animal and ill test it with the same amount of dirt
and also ill squash it into the carpet test, its quite surprising how slow the turbo runs on the 04's compared to the 07's and they spin at literal MPH's on the 14's - all to do with the 1200w on the 04 and the 1400w on the 07 and 14, but what makes the difference on the 07 and 14 are the cyclones - all will be explained in my 15-25 min long video that ill create tomorrow, upload to youtube during the night when there is no internet traffic, then at about 6:30 when I get up for school on tuesday ill upload onto here.
Sorry i left you hanging.
BTW did you sort your cyclones? my dc07 is utter shite all together now, cyclones don't let any dirt through, and my filter was holding  my suction back so since the cyclones arnt working properly and no dirt gets through i just removed the filter - to add to it I have a worn out and smoking clutch and duct taped rear hose, and a flymo 39ft power cord since I use it for picking up DIY and doing out the cars so who doesnt want an Extra long cable for that

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration