The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: What is Your most lamented appliance brand?  (Read 17244 times)

Offline Madrat

Re: What is Your most lamented appliance brand?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 08:36:52 pm »
Pace was always the best sky box, or Thompson.

Offline GeorgeJ

• English? I'm never going to England!
    • Some dirty pics ;)
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 09:08:17 pm »
Bissell is also junk
I have a  Bissell carpet cleaner.  Holy hell.  It works just fine but the pump blew.  When I opened it up I found that the pump is belted on to the vacuum motor, so it runs continuously.  The way it sprays on demand is a relief valve to the jets.  The way it keeps the pump from building pressure and bursting is another relief valve.... Into the waste water bin.  For every second it is powered on it is dumping clean water. 
You miss 100% of the Dysons you don't buy.  -Wayne Gretzky
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Offline Elgin

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 09:54:25 pm »
Bissell is also junk
I have a  Bissell carpet cleaner.  Holy hell.  It works just fine but the pump blew.  When I opened it up I found that the pump is belted on to the vacuum motor, so it runs continuously.  The way it sprays on demand is a relief valve to the jets.  The way it keeps the pump from building pressure and bursting is another relief valve.... Into the waste water bin.  For every second it is powered on it is dumping clean water.
That is very bad! - should just be a button turning the pump on and doing away with all the other pressure reliefs and who knows what - who in their right mind does that??!!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 09:57:46 pm »
Explains why ours is always pissing everywhere.

Samsung DVD players can never get updates, makes them pretty useless.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 12:29:08 pm »
Explains why ours is always pissing everywhere.

Samsung DVD players can never get updates, makes them pretty useless.

My Samsung Home theater system (Yes I have a full 5.1 surround sound home theater system in my bedroom) is perfectly fine - only "issue" is its not as powerfull as my dads old Panasonic SA-ht520 Home Theater
Dad bought a Panasonic SA-HT520, many years ago (I was about 3 when we sold it on), then one of dads birthdays mum bought him a Samsung Surround sound, very recently dad was fed up of not having the power of his old Panasonic and when we went down to a local charity shop I happened to notice a big panasonic dvd player actually its quite funny because we were after a powerful dvd player again and I was quite intrested in the sound of our old one thinking back to many. many years ago (Makes me sound anceint) so I may soon be having that panasonic if dad finds a just as powerfull - if not more DVD plater surround combo WITH HDMI.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 05:58:46 pm »
How long have you had it? Is it blue ray?

Offline Elgin

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 09:49:09 pm »
How long have you had it? Is it blue ray?
Just standard DVD the Samsung - had it in 2008, 9 years ago, as for the panasonic we bought about 3 weeks ago they are ancient - All the info i can find for the Panasonic SA-ht520 is reviews dated 2004, and apparently then it had been around for a good while - so were talking about a literall ancient dvd player working amazingly, not quite high def, but close enough with the older style "HD"using component

Offline Madrat

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2017, 10:10:18 pm »
Well blue ray players need updates to play new films and Samsung are the worst at providing updates.  The ones for our Blue ray stopped after 14 months  :censored:

The player itself is great but the support is crap.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2017, 11:03:46 pm »
Well blue ray players need updates to play new films and Samsung are the worst at providing updates.  The ones for our Blue ray stopped after 14 months  :censored:

Never had bluray - intresting fact. :icon_nod:

Offline taran57

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 02:13:45 am »
I built a radio transmitter that plugs into the amplifier so my "surround sound" is a bunch of old tube radios placed throughout the house, works quite well.

I also just bought an RCA Victor TV from 1952, but it needs a bit of a fettle to bring the picture back.

Decided I have had it with cheap modern junk, except Dysons of course  :thumbsup:

Offline GeorgeJ

• Some dirty pics ;)
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 04:51:17 pm »

I bought a $30 bluray player from Walmart but I don't actually own any Bluray discs...  I watched some on my in-laws player and was wholly disgusted by the compulsory previews on the overpriced disc.  I don't need more pixels that badly.
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Offline Madrat

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 05:24:06 pm »
lol I wont buy blue ray discs, not after the  :censored: with updates, not the only manufacturer with this problem but by far the worst. Blue ray players upscale normal dvds to almost HD quality anyway. VCR was much much better

Offline GeorgeJ

• Some dirty pics ;)
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 06:22:04 pm »
I was watching an assessment on youtube of Tape media vs CD/DVD.  The overarching theme was that if you were to buy high quality tapes, a high quality recorder and had a high quality feed, the tape would be very close to digital quality.  Obviously digital has bandwidth for superior detail, especially at higher resolutions, but the gap isn't as wide as everyone remembers.  Most people simply recall FM audio or aerial TV broadcast recordings from cheap home standard equipment.
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Offline Madrat

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2017, 06:28:09 pm »
In the UK the old analogue (625 line UHF Pal) TV was much better than the digital replacement.

Offline GeorgeJ

• Some dirty pics ;)
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 07:46:19 pm »
In the UK the old analogue (625 line UHF Pal) TV was much better than the digital replacement.
I can't comment much on US.  Only used Aerial back in my preteens to watch cartoons in my room.  After that, had cable until we recently switched completely the Netflix.   I never used digital aerial because the slight valley I'm in doesn't get a bit of signal.  :boggleeye:
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram