The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Kirby on its way  (Read 20441 times)

Offline Madrat

Kirby on its way
« on: February 18, 2017, 01:56:49 pm »
A friend of my sisters has promised me her kirby, don't know when I will be getting it and not sure what to do with it, Last one I had only sold for £40 and it had loads of accessories with it, don't even know what sort it is.

Offline ollivacguy

Re: Kirby on its way
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:15:40 pm »
A friend of my sisters has promised me her kirby, don't know when I will be getting it and not sure what to do with it, Last one I had only sold for £40 and it had loads of accessories with it, don't even know what sort it is.
i would strip it down and do the full Beko 1987 refurb on it and then flog it!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 05:33:23 pm »
That's what I did on the last one but it only went for £40

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 07:47:39 pm »
Brilliant!! If it's one I don't have in my collection I'd be interested!
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 12:57:13 am »
Cool! I have the G6 and it's great, has very good performance :thumbsup: What do you think of them vs Dysons?

Offline taran57

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 02:11:47 am »
Cant even get $75 for my kirby doorstop
So im selling the parts
G5 if anyone needs any bits

Offline Madrat

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 02:27:43 pm »
There heavy unwieldy and complicated to use compared to a dyson.

Will try to find out what sort it is, I think its quite old.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 02:35:57 pm »
There heavy unwieldy and complicated to use compared to a dyson.

Will try to find out what sort it is, I think its quite old.

I strongly disagree with them being complected to use, I think they're more simpler than modern Vacuum's.

The older the better!!
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Madrat

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 03:05:10 pm »
You jest, what about when you want to use the tools, empty the bag etc

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2017, 04:30:26 pm »
You jest, what about when you want to use the tools, empty the bag etc

Empty the bag is easy, unzip the cloth bag, take the bag out and put a new one in, then zip the bag back up. no more difficult that any other Vacuum if you ask me.

I admit the tools are a little more time consuming to attach than some Vacuums but I wouldn't go as far as to say they're complicated or hard to use.
If you buy one new you get instructions as you do with all Vacuum's so that's no different.

In my honest opinion gathered from what I've learned over a few years messing with Vaccum's if you want great performance and top quality you have to sacrifice a small part of convenience. For example having the hose always attached. If you want all convenience you have to sacrifice a lot of quality and performance.

Having said that, I do believe Sebo are doing a good job at having both, as they in my opinion have both to some extent.
With the hose always attached but also great quality and performance. 

Offline Madrat

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 05:01:11 pm »
Nar, dyson up to dc33 are still the best, and much easier to empty than any bagged cleaner. Try carrying a kirby and its tools up the stairs compared to any dyson!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 05:12:41 pm »
Nar, dyson up to dc33 are still the best, and much easier to empty than any bagged cleaner. Try carrying a kirby and its tools up the stairs compared to any dyson!

I took my Legend II to my mother-in-law's house last week, I was supposed to be washing their carpet but since they have a Henry I took a Vacuum to make sure I got as much dirt up as possible... Anyway my point was, I carried the Legend up both flights of stairs with no problem, and then Vacuumed the stairs on the way back down again, with no issues. Kirby's aren't as heavy as many make them out to be.
I also carry them up and down my loft ladder fairly often because I like to switch between them and I have to store them in the loft...

I'm sorry Mr Madrat, Dude, but I wouldn't have started this debate if I didn't believe I have hard ground to stand on... :)

I agree Dysons are lighter, but that is because they're made from weaker plastic.

While I'm here and on the Topic, I'd like to clear up that I hate Dyson because of their stupid prices, if their prices matched their products I'd have no issues with them.
It's not our fault they spend far too much on development and other crap. 

Offline Madrat

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 05:21:05 pm »
Id rather a hoover junior than a kirby any day, at least there manageable.  Sorry Mr rusty but kirby is just ancient technology made heavier than needed, just like everything else from USA.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 05:22:37 pm »
Sorry Mr rusty but kirby is just ancient technology made heavier than needed, just like everything else from USA.

I do agree with you on that.

Offline dysondc16

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 05:38:24 pm »
Id rather a hoover junior than a kirby any day, at least there manageable.  Sorry Mr rusty but kirby is just ancient technology made heavier than needed, just like everything else from USA.

:biglaugh:

I almost never use a kirby for actual vacuuming. I like them for carpet cleaning performance but I have other nicer to use cleaners with similar capabilities. One great example is the royal I still hope to get to Mr. Rusty someday....

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration