The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: cleaning the cyclone on a DC07 Origin  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Matt

cleaning the cyclone on a DC07 Origin
« on: February 24, 2017, 07:40:10 pm »
Hi,

I want to disassemble the cyclone on my Dyson DC07 Origin as it needs cleaning. I've removed the head by taking out the 3 Torx screws; but I’m unable to separate the head completely because the end of the bin release rod is being held in place by a 3 arm collar half way down the inside of the cyclone. I’ve removed 3 screws on the outside of each arm; but can’t detach it. I’d also like to remove the fins and perforated collar in order to do a thorough clean; but the components seem locked tight.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Matt

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: cleaning the cyclone on a DC07 Origin
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:47:35 pm »
I usually put the whole lot in the dishwasher, that's not for everyone mind you so sit tight and a Dyson geek will be with you shortly.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Elgin

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 01:54:23 pm »
Hi,

I want to disassemble the cyclone on my Dyson DC07 Origin as it needs cleaning. I've removed the head by taking out the 3 Torx screws; but I’m unable to separate the head completely because the end of the bin release rod is being held in place by a 3 arm collar half way down the inside of the cyclone. I’ve removed 3 screws on the outside of each arm; but can’t detach it. I’d also like to remove the fins and perforated collar in order to do a thorough clean; but the components seem locked tight.

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Matt

Hi, Just to make sure you didn't or don't do the mistake I did when I first did a Dyson Cyclone.
Make sure to release the bin flap, and remove the bin, then remove the 3 screws and work on the cyclone handle,

as for that little thing in the centre... I have seen them on pictures but on my DC07 Animal It hasn't got one so i'm not entirely sure. Mabey its stuck in with all of the dust that collects in there, try poking it with a flat driver.
And for the fins, well I struggled to get them off and eventually I just left them on

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 06:32:09 pm »
You have to be so careful because the plastic is so weak :(
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Madrat

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 07:33:39 pm »
The collar is just stuck with crud, you need to gently tap the arms with a long thin "thing" then tug on the top, repeat as necessary.

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram