The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Sebo X4  (Read 10309 times)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Sebo X4
« on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:21 pm »
I got my Sebo X4 with a ton of bags (was £80) but swapped for a DC40, have never ever used anything like this before or similar.

So after giving it a good go around the house, I'm starting to wonder why do people like these so much? I was expecting carpet munching performance but it's about the same as my DC41 mk2 :| :| :|

I like the vacuum, it's a nice design for me ATM, it's growing on me, till I get bored of it.

The grooming is fine, the computer thing is bloody annoying, I have to lay the machine so the head is off the floor to make the brush go down and after that, it works quite well for about 5 secs till the head raises again.

Apart from that, good vacuum! Nothing absolutely extravagantly amazing tho :( The hose in the wand thing is weird though, I need to get used to that.

Offline ollivacguy

Re: Sebo X4
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 11:43:17 pm »
I've never found the auto height adjustment an issue, its all on the brush roll wear

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 11:52:53 pm »
I guess so, but it doesn't seem as satisfying to vacuum with though even though it should improve the airflow :/

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 02:36:33 pm »
Right, used it around the house and including the stairs this time, the stair hose literally pops off when trying to clean like the 7th stair :| I know there's an extension hose available but really?

Also there's no seal in the wand :/

Wish it had a manual height adjuster, I don't see the rave for these machines, can anyone enlighten me?

Rusty? You loved your Sebo...

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 06:18:00 pm »
Right, used it around the house and including the stairs this time, the stair hose literally pops off when trying to clean like the 7th stair :| I know there's an extension hose available but really?

Also there's no seal in the wand :/

Wish it had a manual height adjuster, I don't see the rave for these machines, can anyone enlighten me?

Rusty? You loved your Sebo...

I do indeed still love my Sebo, the reason I imported a G1 is because I wanted manual height control because I hate computers doing things for me.

My hose won't come off no matter how hard I pull it, I've just tried so yours is obviously demented in some way. (Yes the hose is very short mind you, but that's not something I care about).

Now that mine actually works after that initial belt issue it's a brilliant Vacuum.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 07:57:14 pm »
Hmmm.... I may be better off with an Ensign SM2
I'm gonna keep the Sebo for now as I do like it, was just expecting carpet munching performance though 😂

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 08:12:48 pm »
I think you're just a fool, you say your Kirby's don't suck very well, but mine pull themselves a long and pull the carpet up if you lift it straight up...
Now you say your Sebo doesn't perform well, but mine performs extraordinarily well... 
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Elgin

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 08:29:28 pm »
Haha, Rusty... That was a bit funny to me

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 08:33:33 pm »
I'm sorry about that Elgin lol.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 11:01:07 pm »
I think you're just a fool, you say your Kirby's don't suck very well, but mine pull themselves a long and pull the carpet up if you lift it straight up...
Now you say your Sebo doesn't perform well, but mine performs extraordinarily well...

Ermmm the Kirbys suck carpets off VERY hard they are good carpet munchers. They just don't drag themselves forward like other vacs! Because their brushrolls are soft.

Sebos are good,  I find them average for a vacuum TBH. People rave about Sebos  and I don't see why, they do clean well but to an average level, nothing TOO powerful, the computer thing is annoying though.

And the Sebo wand is weird :| The hose sucks in and out when its on the machine which is nothing really but still :|

Stop being a stirring boob.

Edit: I used my Sentria this evening, best Kirby I've used.

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 08:22:26 am »
Ermmm the Kirbys suck carpets off VERY hard they are good carpet munchers. They just don't drag themselves forward like other vacs! Because their brushrolls are soft.

Yours might not but mine do, the Legend II does it best it'll shoot across the room and the brush isn't soft, yours are just worn out.

And the Sebo wand is weird :| The hose sucks in and out when its on the machine which is nothing really but still :|

It's suppose to do that.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 12:09:35 pm »
I know it's supposed to do that but still odd though :|

And the Legend/Hertiage models do it best because their brushrolls are more dense like Sebo and DC25s, compared to the sparse bristles on the G series

I have my boshroll on the lowest setting on the Kirby and it does move itself forward but not as fast as like... a Hoover junior or TP1

Offline Elgin

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 01:31:49 pm »

And the Legend/Hertiage models do it best because their brushrolls are more dense like Sebo and DC25s, compared to the sparse bristles on the G series

I have my boshroll on the lowest setting on the Kirby and it does move itself forward but not as fast as like... a Hoover junior or TP1

I noticed my DC04 De Stijl pulls itself along very slowly if you just hold it up and just like leave it, it will move along slowly,

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 01:59:49 pm »

It's because the G series has TechDrive which even when switched off still presents drag. Plus the added weight.

Come on Parwaz you claim to be non-Japanese but you still think like one.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 02:01:37 pm »
And the different brushroll. Yes the weight could be one as well
I'm not Japanese

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram