The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Sebo X4  (Read 10390 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Sebo X4
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 02:27:43 pm »
I used an x1.1 for a few months and it was OK. Grooming was nothing special, you get used to holding the handle when using the tools, but it worked fine, was light and no frills.

Not sure I'd sink proper dollar into one, and if I suddenly did I'd hunt out an SM1 with manual height control (which was the best bit about my sm2, but it was too large for domestic use!). But their main USP is if you want a machine to be battered about by people who don't give a shit whilst cleaning offices, shops etc, you go for a Sebo (or henry, but it's brushroll vs no brushroll that argument!)

I'm in a Sebo mood today, with my X4 and I might have inquired about a cheap X1.1 just now too...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Elgin

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 04:36:25 pm »
I used an x1.1 for a few months and it was OK. Grooming was nothing special, you get used to holding the handle when using the tools, but it worked fine, was light and no frills.

Not sure I'd sink proper dollar into one, and if I suddenly did I'd hunt out an SM1 with manual height control (which was the best bit about my sm2, but it was too large for domestic use!). But their main USP is if you want a machine to be battered about by people who don't give a shit whilst cleaning offices, shops etc, you go for a Sebo (or henry, but it's brushroll vs no brushroll that argument!)

I'm in a Sebo mood today, with my X4 and I might have inquired about a cheap X1.1 just now too...
Our schools BS36 is well battered and still works fine and no broken pieces - they are really good strength I think, the only thing I noticed with our school one is the brushroll manual height adjustment was set to 3 and on the very short carpets the brushroll warning light keeps flashing on and off...

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 08:14:04 am »
Have it on the lowest setting ALWAYS.
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Halcyon

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 09:40:29 pm »
Well, even though I haven't used X series myself, I had a little go in John Lewis and watched many vids on YouTube.
I really don't think it does any better job than Dyson at cleaning, people just praise it for its reliability and that it's bagged so no mess while emptying I'd say.
It might last even 50 years but personally, I'd prefer a vacuum that's gonna clean better even if it's not built to last.
I think that automatic height control is kinda annoying. I never trust computers so wouldn't be so sure if it deep cleans or only does the surface clean.
They're big and bulky. So what that it can lay flat. There's literally nothing in my or my friends and family houses that it could go under, apart from dining table and chairs.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration