The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC04 Hard to Push  (Read 4623 times)

Offline FLOWER

DC04 Hard to Push
« on: February 25, 2017, 03:32:38 pm »
I have had my DC04  Brush Control model for many years recently found it was not picking up as good. On inspection I saw the hose underneath was badly split on both ends. I ordered an internal hose and managed to fit it, only thing now the Hoover is extremely hard to push.  Any suggestions why this could be.

Thank you

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
Re: DC04 Hard to Push
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:27:15 pm »
Good evening, Flower.

You aren't the first to complain about this symptom in the last few weeks... Maybe you're weak from this winters hibernation? Just kidding...

Could it be that you got used to the Vacuum being easier to push because there was next to no suction because of that split hose, and now the suction is back you aren't used to it?

I will ask you to check that the sole plate is attached properly and clean, because dirt on the bottom will create friction and therefore make it hard to push. That's a very common problem.

Let us know what you find ;)
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline FLOWER

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:54:03 pm »
Thanks for your reply,

I did think the same when I started to use machine as the hose was well torn, I will have a look at the soleplate and try the machine on carpets with different pile tomorrow.

Will keep you posted

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 08:09:58 pm »
Nice one :P
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Elgin

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 08:27:15 pm »
Thanks for your reply,

I did think the same when I started to use machine as the hose was well torn, I will have a look at the soleplate and try the machine on carpets with different pile tomorrow.

Will keep you posted
Double check the clutch is turned on, Without that on on carpets its quite hard to push, Found that out on my DC04 De Stijl, Also a brush control model, but of a rarer variety.

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram