The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC40 Yoke Loom Replacement - Wise Counsel Required  (Read 8480 times)

Offline oldmoley

DC40 Yoke Loom Replacement - Wise Counsel Required
« on: March 01, 2017, 11:34:02 am »
I'm in the middle of a yoke loom replacement on A DC40, and have having trouble identifying where the object in the attached photo is supposed to go.I'm assuming it just runs in the ball track to allow free movement of the cable. There was a similar item present in the vac when I opened it up, but it was loose in the machine, and in two pieces. Secondly, can someone please advise how the cleaner head electrical plug is refitted? I'm having a hell of a job trying to see how this goes back. Must just be a bad day....

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: DC40 Yoke Loom Replacement - Wise Counsel Required
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:57:08 pm »
Hi, that pictured part slots into the front of the yolk assembly, just above the cablegroove for the wires below that part. This is a tricky job, I'd advice you put that part in the big groove between the black motor retainer and the vacuum housing. Then attach the yolk assembly and slide upwards to the part pictured. The wires slot into the yolk asembly groove.

The socket of the yolk assembly sits right at the front above the suction hole, just in front of the cleaner head stabilising lock (the Y shaped plastic bit designed to stop the machine falling sideways). This must sit flush into the front

Offline oldmoley

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 02:26:04 pm »
Many thanks Parwaz. I've managed to locate the part as you have described. As you say - a fiddly job. The plug is also back in situ, following an hour's break, and a pint of foaming ale down at the local. Everything now up and running, and another satisfied customer - I hope! Got the same job to do on a DC41 tomorrow. Can't wait......

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:17:55 pm »
No problem:)

I find the DC41 to be nicer to work on than the DC40 believe it or not ;)

Offline propman07

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 09:31:28 pm »
Hi, that pictured part slots into the front of the yolk assembly, just above the cablegroove for the wires below that part. This is a tricky job, I'd advice you put that part in the big groove between the black motor retainer and the vacuum housing. Then attach the yolk assembly and slide upwards to the part pictured. The wires slot into the yolk asembly groove.

The socket of the yolk assembly sits right at the front above the suction hole, just in front of the cleaner head stabilising lock (the Y shaped plastic bit designed to stop the machine falling sideways). This must sit flush into the front

Hi- I just found this thread/message board. I'm in the same boat....trying to get the gray/black pieces to sit together guiding the black/white wires, then plug that whole mess into the main assembly. Any chance you have a pic/diagram to go along with the description you provided? I had to replace the "Y" piece on a DC40, and I'm having trouble getting things back together.

Thanks.

Offline Kalbo

• Globe trotting electrical technician
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 10:48:55 pm »
Having done quite a few now in total and  two yoke loom replacements on Dc40's in the last month alone it Is possible to replace the looms with out taking the yolk off by working in from the front and carefully taking out the centre cover and removing the old loom usually cut !!' ???? And feeding in the new loom as you go
Best done with long nose pliers and a really fine  terminal driver for gently removing old loom and it's attached rubber grommets out from where it threads throug the chassis in three places

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration