The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Extremely sad news :(  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Elgin

Extremely sad news :(
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:11:43 pm »
I have some extremely sad news involving a DC07 Animal  :snivel:
Sadly but not too bad the YV-511 in my nans DC04 decided to blow! so i stuck the YV-2200 out of my DC07, since my dad wouldn't let me keep a motor-less vacuum I had to strip my DC07.
I was enjoying it until when I decided to bear-bone the chassis and remove every little piece and screw. then I started on the cyclones, with a big hammer trying to get it apart for the bin - then I had a sudden realisation of what i'd just done!
I have killed the dc07 - with the cyclones snapped to bits, fins broke, cyclone screw threads in amillion pieces of plastic on the floor and the chassis cracked from where I stood on it to keep it still I realised that, that was a big mistake. There was no going back. He was dead...  :snivel:

Although not too much, the only parts I ridded of was the horrid "1" cyclone, chassis, bin and motor housing. still got the ever working but slowly dieing clutch that nolonger activates right - at least the brush turns though, wand, taped hose, u-bend and elbow, power cord, all the screws, head with brushroll and all that stuff, and well everything but the chassis, bin and cyclones...

Now reading what ive kept makes me fell better knowing I havent got rid of much of him. Pooor thing.

If anyone sees any DC07 - ANY COLOUR cheapish around cannock/stafford that needs a little TLC and a service - or in need of anything except the motor, chassis and cyclone please let me know

Offline ClassicDysonDealer

Re: Extremely sad news :(
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:05:39 pm »
hi there give ebay and gumtree a good look though all the best finding one
Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram