The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Shark Rocket powerhead AH450UK  (Read 5961 times)

Offline ollivacguy

Shark Rocket powerhead AH450UK
« on: March 30, 2017, 08:23:37 pm »
Good Afternoon/ Evening/ Morning,

Yesterday i took delivery of a surprising Shark Rocket Powerhead model AH450UK, I quickly set about unboxing the cleaner as i wanted it to be either a part of the collection or sold very quickly.

First Impressions
Upon first inspection I was not at all thrilled with my purchase for the product didn't feel as well built as my Sebo Felix. However when i had got the message to my hands that it wasn't an exquisite German made vacuum i continued to teach myself about the Shark.

Value For Money
For what I paid the Shark blows all of its competition out of the water but I don't think its worth the RRP of £179.99.

Performance
The first time i used this vac i used it to clean the downstairs of my neighbours house, it completely filled the bin although i had done a deep clean the day before with their Dyson DC33. The standard brushroll is aggressive and on longer pile carpets the machine can be difficult to push if you don't have the suction release valve open. With the "gentle touch hard floor" brushroll fitted the machine feels exactly as an upright should feel on a hard floor, as if it is gliding across and not damaging it.

Final Thoughts
This machine is defiantly worth buying if you have a smaller house, a flat or you just want a stick vac to use between main cleans for quick pick ups. It has not got the worlds best bin capacity and it really needs a better Cyclonic system as most of the fine dust goes straight on the pre motor filter which needs washing once a month for maximum efficiency. In the real world and in a house the size of mine (average size UK 4 bedroom semi detached) i do not think this would make a superb daily vacuum as the filter would not be able to cope with all the dust and it gets to the point when a washable filter can disintegrate. All in all though this is a very good vacuum and has so far picked up every thing in its path.

Thank you for reading.  ;)
When i have used the machine some more and gotten used to all the features i will do a more in-depth review.  :thumbsup:

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Shark Rocket powerhead AH450UK
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:23:49 pm »
Ooh nice purchase! I've seen these around online, glad you like it Olli :thumbsup:

Offline Sids Spares

• Vacuumologist
Re: Shark Rocket powerhead AH450UK
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 09:49:34 am »
I buy these (£30) as internet returns from a well known company to resell. The ones I get have either been sent back unused or will have had less than 30 days use, so it is a simple and quick job to flip them. I give a 12 month warranty on them as where I buy from offer me that too. I went for more yesterday but they have sold out for the moment. It is pot luck what they have and they get deliveries every day so it changes quickly.

I have sold over 100 and the only problem so far has been one saying the onboard brushroll carrier, the plastic accessory that holds the brushroll that is not in use, broke. I just sent the unused one from the one I use at home.
I find it cleans and picks up really well as well as being easy to manoeuver. The filters do need to be washed regularly and the bin needs emptying almost after every use. It is so simple to remove the brushroll, open the door and lift it out.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram