The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: My first DC04 Zorbster!  (Read 21540 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: My first DC04 Zorbster!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 10:29:49 pm »
Making sure the rubber seals sit properly

ila_rendered

I seem to have not got a picture of the fugging mint second hand motor I got for it... So here it is fitted to the motor housing  8)

ila_rendered

Cleaned up nicely though, diffuser bracket screwed in

ila_rendered

Speed switch fitted

ila_rendered

And all that was refitted to the chassis

Wheels fitted

ila_rendered

Changeover valve stuffs refitted

ila_rendered

Hopper vibration pad fitted

ila_rendered

Then the clamp's big spring

ila_rendered
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 10:44:42 pm »
Clamp fitted

ila_rendered

Then the clutch, and ah  :censored: I forgot the clutch had to go in before the head...

ila_rendered

That's better,

ila_rendered

but it kept falling out so I popped a screw in just to keep it in place

ila_rendered

And back on with the head and on with the cover!

ila_rendered

When I tried to take the brushroll apart, I found both bearings were pretty ruined, and it was just so damn soft, so I put a much better used one on! Sadly, not in purple...

ila_rendered

Back on with the baseplate

ila_rendered

Back on with the cable

ila_rendered

Back together with the wand

ila_rendered

Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 10:57:03 pm »
Done!

New post filter

ila_rendered

Faded to buggary, but spotless and working well

I might have mentioned it, but I got given a brand new zorb hopper and 2 tubs of zorb in the past too, by a lady who'se DC25 I fettled. Gave one tub to George for his NIB Zorbster, and kept one!

So, one after video

And despite NEVER having used zorb before, I quickly formed my initial opinions of it... Especially when you dont wait for it to dry before vacuuming it up...

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

And then I used it for October! Because I had plans, so it may as well have been out and ready!

My cunning plan was a nice detailed Zorb video, what with us having a filthy beige carpet, it was a good test bed. But I happened upon some vintage DA/DC01 era Zorb!

ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2017, 11:01:54 pm »

ila_rendered

Shame the box was trashed, and it didnt have the bottle of spray, but for £5 I'm happy with it! So I started to plan my demonstration video, and thought Ooooh, I'd best get the crap brush they had to demonstrate that as well, so for another £3, I got this box, a DC03/04 Cleaning Kit

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

Which just had the brush in, I already had the tub of powder!

Finally, just incase my early 90's or late 90's stuff had gone off I got a pack of brand new, 2017 powder, and put this video together!

Not a valid youtube URL
Which had predictable results!

But, either way, it gave me a good excuse to use a DC04 Zorbster for Zorbing! I'm going to flog the machine on facebook soon, as it's pretty cruddy, will keep the hopper though, and do have more Zorb videos planned, including a VS with Duo-P and Kobosan, but I'll use another vac to brush that in etc!

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram