The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: question over hoover belt  (Read 5025 times)

Offline amateursewing

• Man into sewing/vintage hoover, repairs etc.,
question over hoover belt
« on: April 11, 2017, 02:22:09 pm »
Hi, I have a Hoover U4147, a USA made for the UK market hoover senior vac, the belt on it is very perished and a bit bent, it keeps riding out of the deep ridge in the brush and only running over the bristles of the brush, it makes a distinct burning rubber smell, will a new belt resolve this problem? I also cant get the spindles loose in the brush, no matter how hard I hold each end of the brush spindle and twist the ends, though the brush looks in good cond. it makes lines in the carpet on the low setting, I only want to oil the bearing, this Hoover has not been used much and seems very powerful, any comments much appreciated, thanks Amateursewing
amateursewing @ gmail.com

Offline Madrat

Re: question over hoover belt
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 05:38:40 pm »
Should do,

Offline amateursewing

• Man into sewing/vintage hoover, repairs etc.,
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 06:01:03 pm »
OK thanks, I have managed to get the spindle out of the beater and its pretty clean, bearings good, I have ordered 2 senior belts off ebay UK for 99p (these are €11 in Holland!!!) so will only be able to see when I get the belts back to Nederland, I hope they will stay in the ridge in the beater bar and not ride out of it, I think the old belt is so perished a stretched that its too slack and doesnt grip the beater bar tightly enough. The bag on this vac is actually a plastic type thing, its in good condition but has nowhere the strength of the British textile outer bags. thanks Amateursewing

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 07:06:21 pm »
The original senior had a vinyl outer bag.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram