The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC24  (Read 6053 times)

Offline Br1son

Dyson DC24
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:05:11 pm »
could anyone help i have a dc24 which has suction and the brush bar spins but when i press the grey switch at the side of the on/off switch it does not switch the brush off but if i do it again in a different spot it switches it off,does anyone know if this is a common fault for one of these is there a second switch inside the cover any advice would be great

Offline Madrat

Re: Dyson DC24
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 02:30:08 pm »
I would say the switch is faulty or has moved or the switch housing is damaged.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 05:03:05 pm »
I had a DC24 in for repair with the exact issue, the sticky switch issue, yes? I just took the housing apart, took the red switch actuator and the grey one out, given it a clean and a wipe with wd40 in the insides and it was as good as new

Offline GeorgeJ

• English? I'm never going to England!
    • Some dirty pics ;)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 07:31:22 pm »
I had a DC24 in for repair with the exact issue, the sticky switch issue, yes? I just took the housing apart, took the red switch actuator and the grey one out, given it a clean and a wipe with wd40 in the insides and it was as good as new
How does the plastic on dysons hold up to WD-40?  I used it once on a type of plastic which apparently it didn't get along with and it ate right through it.  It also ate through part of my driveway.  I'm always very hesitant to use it on anything which isn't metal.
You miss 100% of the Dysons you don't buy.  -Wayne Gretzky
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Offline Br1son

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:21:07 pm »
Thank you for the replies i have taken it apart and removed the red and grey actuators and as stated i gave them a clean but did not use wd40 as i found it not good on plastic so i used a different spray lubricant and put it back together and it all works great thank you parwaz 7862  ;)

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration