The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: 2X DC07's in two days - Origin - I  (Read 16220 times)

Offline Elgin

Re: 2X DC07's in two days - Origin - I
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 06:42:09 pm »
I use kenley motors, which some people don't agree with, and they are good and are in eBay at under £20
Which are those - ive never had aftermarket before so im trying anything ATM

Offline Madrat

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 07:30:53 pm »
I use kenley motors, which some people don't agree with, and they are good and are in eBay at under £20
  I've used them in the past and never had a problem, but according to M vacs they are just another budget motor so not as good as a 240kk, they tend to be a bit more costly too.

Offline Hoover Master

• I like dyson,numatic and miele most.
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 08:03:54 pm »
No problems here and I've fitted loads. Will try some other motors.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 10:17:59 pm »
I've just replaced an mtr240 that had blown a coil wire off... Never had an issue with the £13.48 mtr299 though!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline ocddyson

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 11:22:13 pm »

What is the wattage of a Kenley Motor?
DC04 and DC07's for me and the occasional DC14.

Offline Hoover Master

• I like dyson,numatic and miele most.
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2017, 07:08:47 am »
Kenley are 1600w

Offline Madrat

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 01:53:48 pm »
I've just replaced an mtr240 that had blown a coil wire off... Never had an issue with the £13.48 mtr299 though!

I've had that on a few 299s

Offline Elgin

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 04:00:48 pm »
Beko - do you think I should try the MTR-299  seen them not too expensive so cant really argue for there price?"

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 05:53:07 pm »
Well they are fine (the 299s are) but don't last long. When you actually use the Dyson you can't sell if it's a genuine or a fake one. I've used a DC33 with the 299 in and it seemed fine after a month and I sold it...

Offline ClassicDysonDealer

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 10:02:48 am »
I use them all the time in dc04s never had a problem
Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

Offline Elgin

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 10:20:57 pm »
***ORIGIN UPDATE***
Firstly I was vacuuming my dads car with my DC04 De Stijl - our neighbours over the road were doing their car too (Those neighbours are dodgey - the reversed into our car because it was parked on the road and blamed us... they also were complaining about our driveway because it needed doing and the were kicking off telling us to get it done - where the bloody hell are we supposed to get money just like that from...? and when we finally saved up enough money to do the driveway they came over to the people putting down the block-paving and said "'Bout bloody time they had that done" and walked off...!)
Anyway - they have a DC07 Origin and they saw me empty my DC04 bin, they saw how I pulled it apart and the cyclone insert was inside the bin - so anyways there machine blocked up - so they forced the bin off seeing me do so - without opening the flap and have probaly broke the lock assembly now :biglaugh: and then they were confused as to why the fins were still on the cyclone - so they were there pulling and pulling trying to get them off thinking something was stuck! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:  - if they were nice nieghbours i would of walked over and offered to help them with it as they obviously knew nothing about dysons at all, If they didn't kick off about me going inside a car to get say some flippen shopping bags out or to vacuum it. but if they were nice neighbours id of helped them remove the blockage and tell them that if they need any help with it any time they can ask me but cause they are complete idiots I didn't bother - I mean I went in my mums car the once to get something out and they kicked off - came over "You should NOT be in that car - no doubt you will release the parking brake and run into my car which is impossible to replace!!!" two weeks later they get the car replaced anyway - why should I help someone who kicks off at me all the time

As for my Origin - got a MTR-299 on its way and a pack of belts for it. I took the brushroll for a wash (This was my spare brushroll from my first DC04 as the original one from the 07 - the bristles werent even sticking out of the brushroll housing without the soleplate - with it on it was useless) and forgot to remove the bearings...  :'( so one of them was rusty but fine the other  had welded itself to the pole with rust and luckily I had kept the knackerd brushroll as a spare - so removed the one bearing - lost it, removed the other and it bounced off my dads head :biglaugh: and when I tested the one rusty bearing was ok, so rebuilt the brushroll and thats all good! now just awaiting for my motor to arrive (hopefully tomorow - Monday 8th) and the belts for my DC01 and DC07 should come wednesday 10th so the motor can go in when it arrives and until the belts come i will borrow the one from my DC01 the belt isn't streched but does sometimes slip because the belt has lost its small grippy bumbs that give the friction...

Offline Madrat

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 10:47:13 pm »
Next time they kick of stay calm, look them in the eye and say "go f#*k yourself you self important cunt" they wont bother you again  :thumbsup:

Offline ClassicDysonDealer

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 02:46:23 pm »
WELL SAID MADRAT :thumbsup:
Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 02:52:25 pm »
Beko - do you think I should try the MTR-299  seen them not too expensive so cant really argue for there price?"

Never had any issues with any that I've fitted to machines to sell. So they either swear at me and bin the machine, or their utterly fine.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Elgin

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 04:31:06 pm »

Never had any issues with any that I've fitted to machines to sell. So they either swear at me and bin the machine, or their utterly fine.

Well as long as it gives my origin a couple years im not too bothered - can't argue at that price for a few more years

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram