The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: 2X DC07's in two days - Origin - I  (Read 16146 times)

Offline Madrat

Re: 2X DC07's in two days - Origin - I
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »
works most times

Offline Elgin

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2017, 07:59:15 pm »
MTR299 fitted and its brilliant! millions of suction and it glues itself to the floor

Offline Elgin

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2017, 11:30:49 pm »
Origin Update -
Now I have noticed the three diferent greys of the DC07 - Light grey on the early models - a medium silver on the late models - and the near end of production models with a dark silver but not quite as dark as the dark steel as used on DC14

Bought a badly damaged DC07 All floors - turqoise - it was a scrapper - so I stole some of the turqoise parts for my origin - the yellow and blue go nicely - a lot of pulling and swearing and finally the shroud and fins seperated - I swapped across the late silver chassis - which also had a near-end-production slightly darker silver power button housing and wand, and a few blue bits.
so i now have a blue "2" cyclone on my origin with a yellow handle - with a end-of-production dark grey wand with the blue wand cap and cable wind, with a yellow button. Blue power button and changeover inspecton and blue filter release with the original yellow non clutched brush house. finally the cyclone had a yellow top on it and yellow fins and shroud.
Fitted with a MTR299 its a brilliant machine - ill try and post a vid tomorow, possibly tuesday if the video is slow to render again.
I have only three faults - the bristles are a little short on the brush, the head is badly scuffed and the head is also missing (snapped) the locking wheel - so if i try to move the machine without reclining - it self reclines... No problem really - I think I have a spare DC04 Silver Lime either in the shed or my brothers bedroom which is still in transformation prossess from a bathroom to bedroom - the room is now full to the cieling with tools and other stuff that gets put in there - theres a 3 month old Samsung 48" curved smart tv (UE48j6300) in there thats got a cracked screen (thankyou bruv for pulling that over onto the floor) and a perfectly good 32" LG tv and 37" Neon tv
Ill try and remove the clip off that head when I find it (My old DC04 I had had a broken head so the belt kept catching and snapping on it so when I had my DC07 it got put away, then when I tried to remove the machine to repair my nans old DC04 the head fell off somewhere  :boggleeye: so hopefully I can swap that over since non clutched and clutched having different locking wheels

Offline Elgin

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2017, 11:23:18 pm »
That will be a mtr299, LM electrical are Q   The only place you will get a 240kk is from Q on a trade account or from Mvac or here http://www.*Unapproved Link*/motor-quality-alternative-to-dyson-genuine-mtr240kk.html also Q

The other motor from ebay that dosen't have a TOC dose have one but it's internal.

I got a message back from Ebay from dysondoctor-uk and they tell me that they will supply a Qtex MTR240KK Motor for 13.60 delivered, I have ordered 2 at that price
They are also Q  Was this in a listing on ebay?

Q like to use different names  :biglaugh:

If anything other than 2 MTR240KK motors arrive they will be sent back  ;) and yes it was an Ebay listing

Did 2 MTR-240KK's come or did you get ripped off?

Offline ocddyson

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2017, 10:17:50 am »
They acyually sent me 2 MTR99's which were promptly sent back at their expense through Ebay as they were not as described.
As they had said that they would supply 2 MTR240KK motors and I had all the messages to prove the fact they honoured that and I was duly sent 2 MTR240KK motors @ £13.60 per motor delivered  :thumbsup:
DC04 and DC07's for me and the occasional DC14.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »
They acyually sent me 2 MTR99's which were promptly sent back at their expense through Ebay as they were not as described.
As they had said that they would supply 2 MTR240KK motors and I had all the messages to prove the fact they honoured that and I was duly sent 2 MTR240KK motors @ £13.60 per motor delivered  :thumbsup:

At least you got it sorted

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram