The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: 2X DC07's in two days - Origin - I  (Read 16005 times)

Offline Elgin

2X DC07's in two days - Origin - I
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:16:39 pm »
This weekend I was accompanied by two new Dyson DC07's.
Friday 28th - Dyson DC07I Red clutched - Penkridge, Staffordshire. Descripton read: Just stopped working, bought new one. £10
Saturday 29th - Dyson DC07 Origin Yellow Non-Clutch - Burntwood, Staffordshire. Description read: Will be shown working to buyer. £15

After a checkover I had confirmed the DC07I had previously been repaired - the clutch cover showed signs of previous removal and one of the motor housing tabs was missing. With a new 13 Amp fuse in it fired up - well Low grumbling noise accompanied with the fuse blown 3 seconds later. After taking the machine outside I removed the post motor filter which had also recently been replaced with a standard pad and smoke emerged from the motor diffuser. after stripping the machine I also confirmed the clutch needed rebelting - with the clutch belt slipping badly on the brushbar - however the fan belt in good condition and not streched. It had a grey chassis and was badly faded.

After a checkover the DC07 Origin was in overly good condition - ignoring the deep scratches all over the cleaner head the fan belt on that was streched and the motor was in good order - the chassis was the later darker silver one and wasnt faded and the cyclone was the early (1) and fully yellow cyclone - the head was also the early model with the DC07 logo on and the larger Dyson logo. simple head, cyclone, wand and other coloured accessories (except the purple motor housing) was swapped onto the silver chassis and I handed over the machine to my Nan for my uncle to replace his rubbish DC50 explaining that I would need to swap the clutch belt very soon.

I am now In need of a YV-2200 or decent 1600W aftermarket motor for my Origin. I will be keeping my Origin with the faded chasiss, and odd purple bits that I couldn't be bothered to change over such as the wheels and a simple little cable grip...

Overall a good buy for £25 and with a new motor for about £30 or less I should be able to get a couple cheap good machines.
Any motor links or suggestions would be nice please - 1400 or 1600W

Offline Madrat

Re: 2X DC07's in two days - Origin - I
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 02:27:58 pm »
 All after market motors are 1600w you want a 240kk from Mvac or from Q

http://www.*Unapproved Link*/motor-quality-alternative-to-dyson-genuine-mtr240kk.html

299s can be found on ebay for £9.99 delivered but they may last a month or a couple of years upwards.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 07:39:04 pm »

http://www.*Unapproved Link*/motor-quality-alternative-to-dyson-genuine-mtr240kk.html

299s can be found on ebay for £9.99 delivered but they may last a month or a couple of years upwards.
Yeah I was looking at the 240KK - don't trust these cheap ones coming from China - especially the ones which have a picture of a motor without TOC and above have writing saying "INCLUDEDS THERMAL OVERLOAD TOC!"

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 07:47:46 pm »
Actually I have a dc05 we use for dirty jobs fitted with one of those, its very good. All the motors including the 240kk are made in china.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »
Actually I have a dc05 we use for dirty jobs fitted with one of those, its very good. All the motors including the 240kk are made in china.
These are the ones I dont like the sound of - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YV-2200-YDK-TYPE-Vacuum-MOTOR-Fits-DYSON-DC07-Hepa-Post-Filter-Seal-KIT-/170899032919?hash=item27ca604b57:g:Wu0AAOSwymxVLTPv
Reckons it has a TOC even though the wires are direct onto the carbons and comes with brand new filters and filter seals for only 20 pounds. Its the kind of thing that sounds too dodgey for my liking - there is a few though I like the sound of.
Wondered if a used YV-2200 would be any good? bought a used YV-511 for my dads old DC07 we recently scrapped, but I wasnt keen on the amount of suction from the lower wattage 1200w motor, compared to the original YV-2200 14OOw

I have tested using my nans DC07I i refurbished and the cyclone works okay albeit very dusty, not sure how much dust gets to the filter as of yet - I can confirm the red I my nan has filter gets quite dirty quite quickly - a quick run around and there was already a few bits of fluff and dust on it - they are both (1) cyclones.

And can confirm the brushroll works well even though its a little short bristled - Belt is slightly streched and is the original one but still works ok - I attached my origin head to my dc04 de stijl until I get motor for the origin

Offline ocddyson

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 09:54:29 pm »

I am after a decent motor for a DC07 as well last one I got was a Quаltex MTR240KK Motor and was quite impressed with it however I paid well over the odds for it and I was wondering if you can contact Quаltex direct to see if the motors can be purchased directly from them. Does anyone know where I can get this type of motor?
DC04 and DC07's for me and the occasional DC14.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 12:33:00 am »

I am after a decent motor for a DC07 as well last one I got was a Qtex MTR240KK Motor and was quite impressed with it however I paid well over the odds for it and I was wondering if you can contact Qtex direct to see if the motors can be purchased directly from them. Does anyone know where I can get this type of motor?
Ive been after a Quаltex MTR240KK actually - was it a good motor? better than stock YV-2200 or not? im scanning eBay after them - cant tell whats genuine Quаltex MTR240KK or whats a "Fake" pretending to be a Quаltex MTR240KK

Offline Elgin

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 12:48:19 am »
***UPDATE***
After swapping the entire chassis between the DC07I and the Origin so I didn't have to remove the motor:
The flippen motor housing still stinks terribly of burnt motor - remember removing the filter to see smoke pouring out......

Offline Elgin

Offline ocddyson

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 09:50:52 am »

I am after a decent motor for a DC07 as well last one I got was a Qtex MTR240KK Motor and was quite impressed with it however I paid well over the odds for it and I was wondering if you can contact Qtex direct to see if the motors can be purchased directly from them. Does anyone know where I can get this type of motor?
Ive been after a Qtex MTR240KK actually - was it a good motor? better than stock YV-2200 or not? im scanning eBay after them - cant tell whats genuine Qtex MTR240KK or whats a "Fake" pretending to be a Qtex MTR240KK

I was very impressed with the Quаltex MTR240KK and personally I would steer clear of the used Genuine one on Ebay although it may look good you dont know its history and it could be on its last legs and have had a dogs life. I have asked a few of the suppliers on Ebay as to what motor will be supplied and will wait and see what comes back The best price so far is £23.00 delivered but I seem to remember someone mentioning on a previous post on this forum as to who supplies Quаltex but have had a look to see and cannot find it anywhere. If I get any info back or find the MTR240KK at a decent price I will let you know  :thumbsup:

Offline ocddyson

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 12:26:25 pm »

Ive been after a Qtex MTR240KK actually - was it a good motor? better than stock YV-2200 or not? im scanning eBay after them - cant tell whats genuine Qtex MTR240KK or whats a "Fake" pretending to be a Qtex MTR240KK

I was very impressed with the Qtex MTR240KK and personally I would steer clear of the used Genuine one on Ebay although it may look good you dont know its history and it could be on its last legs and have had a dogs life. I have asked a few of the suppliers on Ebay as to what motor will be supplied and will wait and see what comes back The best price so far is £23.00 delivered but I seem to remember someone mentioning on a previous post on this forum as to who supplies Qtex but have had a look to see and cannot find it anywhere. If I get any info back or find the MTR240KK at a decent price I will let you know  :thumbsup:

I got a message back from Ebay from dysondoctor-uk and they tell me that they will supply a Quаltex MTR240KK Motor for 13.60 delivered, I have ordered 2 at that price  :thumbsup:

Offline Madrat

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 05:36:01 pm »
That will be a mtr299, LM electrical are Q   The only place you will get a 240kk is from Q on a trade account or from Mvac or here http://www.*Unapproved Link*/motor-quality-alternative-to-dyson-genuine-mtr240kk.html also Q

The other motor from ebay that dosen't have a TOC dose have one but it's internal.

I got a message back from Ebay from dysondoctor-uk and they tell me that they will supply a Qtex MTR240KK Motor for 13.60 delivered, I have ordered 2 at that price
They are also Q  Was this in a listing on ebay?

Q like to use different names  :biglaugh:

Offline ocddyson

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 06:19:51 pm »
That will be a mtr299, LM electrical are Q   The only place you will get a 240kk is from Q on a trade account or from Mvac or here http://www.*Unapproved Link*/motor-quality-alternative-to-dyson-genuine-mtr240kk.html also Q

The other motor from ebay that dosen't have a TOC dose have one but it's internal.

I got a message back from Ebay from dysondoctor-uk and they tell me that they will supply a Qtex MTR240KK Motor for 13.60 delivered, I have ordered 2 at that price
They are also Q  Was this in a listing on ebay?

Q like to use different names  :biglaugh:

If anything other than 2 MTR240KK motors arrive they will be sent back  ;) and yes it was an Ebay listing 

Offline Hoover Master

• I like dyson,numatic and miele most.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 06:27:12 pm »
I use kenley motors, which some people don't agree with, and they are good and are in eBay at under £20

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram