The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: My first ever DC01  (Read 5534 times)

Offline Elgin

My first ever DC01
« on: May 03, 2017, 08:10:18 pm »
Ok... Its a bit tatty but its a DC01 and my first one!

So first looks is pretty good, all stickers are present and MINT and no fading at all!
It needs my special touch (Refurb) so thats down on the list - parts required:
Definatly swivel soleplate - old ones cracked - works fine but sometimes interfereces with the brushroll.
Belt is genuine and is in good condition - not streched
Motor is excellent and suction is brilliant despite the blocked filters
Changeover valve works perfectly and the Pressure Relief valves work fine.

The hose however is broken at the bottom, with the machine off the hose falls out of the bottom cord wind - with the machine on its fine so *might just drop some glue and and see how she goes.
Cord has been shortend, both at plug and button, it only winds 4 times now but is fine for what I need length so until i need it to do long distance from plug ill leave the lead in place - and whoever has done the cabling knows really well as its done perfectly -  mabey the family I bought it off has an electrician in the family?
its damn good!
and from watching lots of Beko1987 and other people who have done DC01's I knew exactly what to do, my grandad just watched me whip the screwdriver out and do all the bits and bobs as if Ive ever had one before - ive never touched one until today!
Im just happy ive finally got hold of a DC01 to add to my collection!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: My first ever DC01
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:06:43 pm »
Nice! I grew up with a DC01- the late YDK model, well reliable machines. I love the DC01

Offline Elgin

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:29:57 pm »
Nice! I grew up with a DC01- the late YDK model, well reliable machines. I love the DC01
I absolutely love mine! I feel like im using something expensive because ive never felt a dc01 before

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 09:49:20 pm »
Nice one! Got to love a good DC01! Try the release valve hack if your careful not to fully block it up, it improves the suction a fair bit!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Elgin

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 10:43:00 pm »
Nice one! Got to love a good DC01! Try the release valve hack if your careful not to fully block it up, it improves the suction a fair bit!
I was debating wether or not to do it - suction is really good, but could I get more from hacking it?

Offline ClassicDysonDealer

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 10:00:22 am »
well done  :thumbsup:

I have had to Meany to count over the years

Hi there i am a dyson collector but only the older models AND I refurbish dyson's too

Offline Elgin

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 08:04:31 pm »
DC01 update -
Got new filters for it and a belt waiting to go on, still need a cheap swivel soleplate and a clean and its sorted!
Did lob a new lead on today since the old one had been cut down many times in its life and for the genuine dyson plug (Its square - grey and says dyson)
Personally I would prefer to go on eBay and buy a used DC01 Standard cable so its 100% Original - expection is the Quаltex belt and generic filters

DC01 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram