The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Motor mount straight and offset.  (Read 11531 times)

Offline Elgin

Re: Motor mount straight and offset.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 10:37:45 pm »
Bought a Dyson DC07 Precision the other day - I used the original YV-2200 out of it in the DC33 im going to sell, then put my Quаltex mtr-299 in the precision.
Funny- it had an offset mount, it sits on the motor offset too, but fits perfectly in the grooves etc. I swapped the top mount over betweent the two motors. should of seen if the level one would of fittted, I'm guessing its to do with a different type of housing mabey? puts more tension on the belt though which I suppose is good, I do prefer the precision over my custom turqoise/yellow origin.

Offline donstuart

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 08:24:55 am »
Bought a Dyson DC07 Precision the other day - I used the original YV-2200 out of it in the DC33 im going to sell, then put my Qtex mtr-299 in the precision.
Funny- it had an offset mount, it sits on the motor offset too, but fits perfectly in the grooves etc. I swapped the top mount over betweent the two motors. should of seen if the level one would of fittted, I'm guessing its to do with a different type of housing mabey? puts more tension on the belt though which I suppose is good, I do prefer the precision over my custom turqoise/yellow origin.

Was the Precision non-clutched by any chance?

Offline Elgin

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 09:30:39 pm »
Yep

Offline donstuart

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 10:19:33 pm »
Hopefully I should have another non-clutched 07 to dismantle in a couple of days & I would put money on it having an offset top motor mount. The belt on the non-clutched machine has a longer run than that on a clutched vac & it should run on the 'crown' of the barrel-shaped section of the motor shaft.  I reckon that it was found to run off towards the motor & hence the fitting of the metal guard plate to prevent rubber-to-rubber contact. By using the offset top mount the motor shaft will be slightly angled & presumably it will persuade the belt to stay in the right place.

If someone on the forum has access to the parts lists (with the relevant part numbers of the top mount) for the clutched & non-clutched models perhaps we can find the facts?

Offline Davidgareth

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 11:34:36 pm »
Look at reply 3 on this thread. It gives the mount part numbers.

Offline donstuart

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 08:15:32 am »
Look at reply 3 on this thread. It gives the mount part numbers.
I know, David. But which type of mount was fitted to which models? There are offset & inline mounts for both YDK & Samsung motors, so the choice of mount is not dictated by the motor type fitted.

Offline Davidgareth

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 10:43:44 am »
Really ? OMG well i guess the only answer is to have one of each mounts on standby whenever you are going to change a motor ! ! !   :'(

Offline Elgin

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 10:30:17 pm »
Really ? OMG well i guess the only answer is to have one of each mounts on standby whenever you are going to change a motor ! ! !   :'(
I always keep the mounts on the motor - but say im putting a YV-2200 out of a dc07 into a 04 then I leave the rubbers with the machine - that way I know it will always fit.

Offline donstuart

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2017, 10:52:33 pm »
Just finished stripping the second of two non-clutched 07's &, guess what, yes they've both got offset top motor mounts. Unless someone can contradict me, I'm going to say that all non-clutch 07's & 14's will have an offset mount & all clutched will be straight. So, keep you're eyes open guys & see if I'm right.

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram