The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC25 JAMMING BALL  (Read 8565 times)

Offline DAC DORCHESTER

DC25 JAMMING BALL
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:03:49 pm »
We have Dyson DC25 which after a short time we find that the ball filter has been released and then jams the ball. Any suggestions of which parts should be changed would be appreciated.

Offline mrdyson

Re: DC25 JAMMING BALL
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:54:35 pm »
I would try changing the post motor filter as perhaps the catch on it has worn. The other likely culprit would be the catch on the motor housing - but trying the filter first is much easier  :thumbsup:

Offline Madrat

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:01:21 pm »
The small bearing on the ball will have worn, With no weight on the ball dose it wobble if you grab it and twist? Its a simple and cheap job to do. There will be a thread on the forum, probably a rebuild by Beko that will show you how.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 01:14:17 am »
mrdyson is correct, I've had a DC25 which had the exact issue and had been resolved with a new filter.

Offline Sids Spares

• Vacuumologist
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 01:13:50 pm »
I'd go with a new filter as I've had this a few times on DC25's that have had aftermarket filters on them.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 12:37:36 am »
The small bearing on the ball will have worn, With no weight on the ball dose it wobble if you grab it and twist? Its a simple and cheap job to do. There will be a thread on the forum, probably a rebuild by Beko that will show you how.

That's the dc24 that does that!

+5 for the filter. If your lucky a new filter will cure it, if your unlucky the machines been running very hot due to poor filter maintenance and the motor housings warped slightly, allowing the filter to pop up slightly.

Does your pre motor filter get smeggy very quickly? And full of actual dirt not fine dust? You'll need a new cyclone gasket if so!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline DAC DORCHESTER

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 09:10:56 am »
Does seem to be caused by overheating motor and housing warped. Thanks   :thumbsup:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 10:11:44 am »
Swapping the motor housing will be a cheap job, Mvacs will have a few I imagine. Swapping it over may take you an afternoon though!

Ask Claire or Stu for a happy price on a new filter set and motor housing, grab a 4 pack of beer and see how you go, there's a motor change guide and a full stripdown somewhere on here, and we can hold you hand if you get halfway through and scared!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 08:27:20 pm »

That's the dc24 that does that!

:boggleeye:

Of course it is, ignore my middle aged brain.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram