The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Need a Good & Reliable Step Down Transformer  (Read 49570 times)

Offline GeorgeJ

• English? I'm never going to England!
    • Some dirty pics ;)
Re: Need a Good & Reliable Step Down Transformer
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2017, 09:33:45 pm »
Yeah man I don't get why girls don't approach me 😩 I should be pulling without even trying 😬

The best I ever got with a girl was in a convo when I went to my old school recording,
there was me, and my friends - Evelyn, Bo, Scarlett, Ruby,  Elgin B, and few others -
me- "Wheres me camera gone?" -
Evelyn "I think scarlett's got it - no Elgins got it."
I don't got it?  :D
You miss 100% of the Dysons you don't buy.  -Wayne Gretzky
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Offline Madrat

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2017, 09:51:29 pm »
British Paki*

;D

I'm sure I need the 3.3Kvh one then, over 3300W then? From the top of my head... Also, the DC17 is only like 1400W...

Why would I bring a Dyson to class? :D Katy Perry is peng so you can't blame me...

Dunno if this helps in any way?
in the u.k?
a DC04 is 5 amp bevause 1200watt divide 240volt gives 5amp (1200 divide 240 give 5)
a dc07 will run fine on 5 amp becuase 1400watt divide 240volt gives 5.4amp (1400 divide 240 five 5.4)

A dc17 is us, so will run at 110v so will be 1400watt divide 110volt gives 12.7amp so thats 12 amp

You get the idea - an aftermarket MTR299/MTR240KK/Kenley or whatever else is 1600w - also ok at 5 amp - 1600watt divide 240volt gives 5.66amp

They might run OK on 5 amp but will require a bigger surge to start up, this is why they come with a bigger fuse fitted, same thing applies to a fridge.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »
Eh?! I don't think I've seen a UK Dyson with any other fuse in the plug besides 13 Amps, I'm well confused :/ All I needed to know was whether or not the 3.3KWH transformer would be more than adequate anough to be used a few times a day to run a 1400W DC17 and I'm sure it does :/ (I think)

If anyone disagrees, feel free to enlighten me ;)

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2017, 10:40:29 pm »
Yeah man I don't get why girls don't approach me 😩 I should be pulling without even trying 😬

The best I ever got with a girl was in a convo when I went to my old school recording,
there was me, and my friends - Evelyn, Bo, Scarlett, Ruby,  Elgin B, and few others -
me- "Wheres me camera gone?" -
Evelyn "I think scarlett's got it - no Elgins got it."
I don't got it?  :D

I can't even... with your DP xD

Offline Elgin

« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2017, 11:50:05 pm »
Eh?! I don't think I've seen a UK Dyson with any other fuse in the plug besides 13 Amps, I'm well confused :/ All I needed to know was whether or not the 3.3KWH transformer would be more than adequate anough to be used a few times a day to run a 1400W DC17 and I'm sure it does :/ (I think)

If anyone disagrees, feel free to enlighten me ;)

Manafactures changed the way fuses are used a while ago - below 700w - 3amp. above 710w 13amp.
All dysons come with 13 cause they are bigger in wattage than 710w, however if you had 5 amp fuses about and you needed a new fuse desperatly for your dyson 5 amp will be fine, ive tried it once on my DC07 which worked fine - although the motor sparked an awful lot after a while and then would start up for a few seconds perfectly fins then blow the fuse no matter what fuse it was - wether this was stress from having it pull max 5 amps when it needs a little more to start I don;t know.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2017, 11:55:01 pm »
TBH I never touch Dyson fuses as they never really blow :/ Let me check my DC24 one as it's 650W...It's 13A

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram