The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 Motor blowing rather than sucking??  (Read 3689 times)

Offline tangotonyb

DC07 Motor blowing rather than sucking??
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:57:58 am »
I started another thread on this, but I had the description of the problem quite misleading and can't edit.

Basically, the problem lies within the motor casing and I don't know if it's terminal or not.
The motor seems to be operating fine - but there is a higher pitch to the noise than on a comparable DC07.
The suction is much weaker than it should be - if I block everything up, the pressure release valve doesn't open (it's not sticking - it's just not enough vacuum).
Yet, the motor is pumping out far MORE air than a comparable model - it's like a jet engine around the base of the cyclone drum.

I'm guessing that the motor is pulling in most of this air via a route that doesn't involve the pre-motor filter which is why the suction is low.
I haven't dismantled the motor container yet - just wanted to know what I should be looking for inside, or if it's a common terminal fault, then I won't bother.

Offline Dysonboy

Re: DC07 Motor blowing rather than sucking??
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:59:07 pm »
Check motor retainer is fitted properly and none of the clips broke (if two are broke you might get away with what I did- a small self tapper where the clip should be on thbeedg of the housing enou to hold on th retainer and then seal with duct tape)

If not check per filter seal, they can become a bit pulled away when the motor gets rehoused
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram