The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC41 strange noise after turning the dyson off  (Read 20044 times)

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
DC41 strange noise after turning the dyson off
« on: August 10, 2017, 04:51:25 am »
Hi all. I won this Dyson DC41 from Ebay but when I turn it off it has a strange noise which I don't know what it is as I've never had one of these also never heard it before. The noise sounds like it's coming from the motor but I may be wrong. I have even turned the brush bar head off and took the bin off thinking it could be one of them but it happens even with them both off.

This link will let you listen to it if anyone does not mind.

Thanks

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiixNWFhaXwryRhljaJLDcC0bqsv

Offline dysondc16

Re: DC41 strange noise after turning the dyson off
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:02:43 am »
My dc40 makes this sound now and then and it has never been a problem. I imagine it is just a seal somewhere that isn't seated quite right. Could be the hepa filter seal. I am sure it isn't anything to seriously worry about. Although I would give the post motor hepa filter a clean if you haven't already.

Offline mrdyson

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 08:04:05 am »
That's nothing to worry about. The whooping noise is air coming between the post motor filter and it's seals. This is very common on DC25, DC40, DC41 and DC55 machines.

Yours doesn't sound too bad, they can be much, much louder.

If you want to try and get rid of it, give the post motor filter a good clean. Then clean the two black seals where the filter sits. Dirt can get trapped within the seals, but be careful to not break the seals when getting in there. A vehicle rubber cleaner or restorer is good to use for this job. Once clean, bend and manipulate the seals upwards so they're not as flat. Fingers crossed (unless your post motor filter is too worn) this should work.

Offline dragoncurt

• Dyson FTW !
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 01:22:36 pm »
Thanks both for your reply. Yh when I first got it It had a of fine dirt when I had cleaned the cyclone shocked me to even see some a bit of dirt (ish) of the pre motor filter.

I will see if it happens without the post motor filter as I have not tried that and also will check the seal you both have mentioned.

Thanks

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram