The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: LM electrical - anyone else had issues?  (Read 7272 times)

Offline britain4

LM electrical - anyone else had issues?
« on: August 31, 2017, 09:38:43 am »
Ordered a new hose and cyclone gasket for my DC33 from them off eBay - the hose is correct but the gasket very obviously isn't as it's a completely different shape from a DC33 one but as the correct item number is on the (easily removable) sticker on the packet they are refusing to refund me or replace with the correct one?? Was told I was wrong and that is is the right item despite sending them a photo of the one I ordered next to the one I got which are completely different.

Opened an eBay case after they told me I was wrong and haven't had a reply since as they are obviously planning on dragging it out until the date PayPal will have to refund me

It wouldn't be the end of the world ordering another for £2 odd if I could be sure they'd send the right one this time...

Offline renault567

• Restorer/Collector of vacuum cleaners
Re: LM electrical - anyone else had issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:20:50 pm »
I have never had issues with lmelectrical have been using them for around 7 years now. It is cheaper than ordering from other places and because of the free postage it is cheaper than ordering direct from Quаltex.

Generally I find if you ring up the Quаltex phone number, select option 3 and ask for lee from lmelectrical team, they will replace and refund.

On this occasion I think that it is a matter of mislabelling, as some orders are machine packed. It will say on the invoice.

Offline britain4

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 12:24:46 pm »
I have never had issues with lmelectrical have been using them for around 7 years now. It is cheaper than ordering from other places and because of the free postage it is cheaper than ordering direct from Qtex.

Generally I find if you ring up the Qtex phone number, select option 3 and ask for lee from lmelectrical team, they will replace and refund.

On this occasion I think that it is a matter of mislabelling, as some orders are machine packed. It will say on the invoice.

Fair dos, whoever is dealing with my order hasn't replied since they told me I was wrong about getting the wrong item!

I might give them a ring and see what the crack is because I'm not impressed with that. Invoice and label on the part are both correct but the part is for something completely different.

Like I say I'm not that fussed about the 2 quid I just need the right part so I can use the vacuum

Offline renault567

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 03:25:27 pm »
Try ringing tomorrow, the main chap for lmelectrical isn't in today. I need to get hold of him too 👍

Offline ryevac

• Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 07:22:34 pm »
Had an issue with a certain type of switch i ordered from them, they sent wrong one but after a long drawn out load of bollocks i couldnt be arsed with them. they asked me to return it.
They asked for a photo of the switch which i did, but all the process of going to post office, printing label etc to return wasnt worth my time. I just ordered it from elsewhere.
said i wouldnt use them again, i had a paddy. needed some other parts i ordered from ebay from another supplier and the vat invoice had their name on it so they trade with other names.
I can't judge them based on a wrong switch
The only way to fail is not to try.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 08:55:02 pm »
Had a hose go missing from them, they did replace it but they weren't that happy about it.

Offline renault567

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 10:25:59 pm »
Had a hose go missing from them, they did replace it but they weren't that happy about it.

TBH any company nowadays is like this. Whenever I have a a complaint/need to contact a company I always ring up so they have no choice but to deal with me , but lmelectrical have always been pleasant when I've dealt with them. Normally I only have issues with items being damaged by Royal Mail.

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 10:40:10 pm »
Ive only used LM Electical (Quаltex) once- They trade under a hole load of eBay names so its hard to pinpoint who is them and whos not...

never had a problem although ive only used them twice: DC01 Soleplate and an MTR299 both have been perfectly fine.

Looking at buying another MTR299 from them; loads of people hate the 299's and use the 240's but they are ending the 240's and "Improving" the 299's, not sure what the new 299's are going to be like? but ill always use the 299's no matter wether the "Older style" which are sold right now that loads of people hate or the "Newer type" which will go on sale once the 240's are all gone - I think they are good value for money so will always use them.
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Offline renault567

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 10:46:31 pm »

Looking at buying another MTR299 from them; loads of people hate the 299's and use the 240's but they are ending the 240's and "Improving" the 299's, not sure what the new 299's are going to be like? but ill always use the 299's no matter wether the "Older style" which are sold right now that loads of people hate or the "Newer type" which will go on sale once the 240's are all gone - I think they are good value for money so will always use them.

I got a 240 delivered yesterday and the stickers on it and the box are different to last few times I used them. Am yet to fit it and have 3 in total to do. Wondering have I got a new one?

Offline britain4

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 08:15:34 am »
Can't judge them based on one wrong order no but really rubbed me up the wrong way being told I'm wrong about having the wrong part (twice by 2 different people) when I have both in front of me which are very clearly a totally different size and shape! Pretty poor when the part must cost them pennies

Realised it's a DC33c gasket instead of the DC33 one I ordered (and it's labelled as) which I've explained but no reply again. I've been offered a refund but I'd really rather just have the part so I can use it without a bodged up gasket. Machine is great though, £20 (+ £10 in parts) well spent, it's like brand new! Pulls dust off the floor from 3 inches in front of the cleaner head!

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration