Here is a quick floor test we did in our shop: Here are the specs:
With the patented Tandem Air System, the Premium Synergy cleans circles around the competition. Here's a list of the new S40P features:
- Two motors working in tandem for unrivaled cleaning performance
- Stainless steel bottom plate
- Extruded aluminum brushroll with 3 rows of replaceable brushstrips
- Brushed aluminum handle tube
- Twin sets of LED headlights
- 100% sealed HEPA Plus media system with 7 layers of filtration
- Granulated charcoal filter to capture odors
- Genuine HEPA media self-sealing bag
- Lifetime belt with Hall sensor protection
- Heads up dirt sensor
- Surface selector
- Extra-long stretch hose and telescopic wand
- Deluxe dusting brush, crevice tool and upholstery tool
- Full bag and replace filter indicator lights
- 6 Position carpet height adjustment
- 40-foot cord
- Black Cherry
- 8 Year warranty
- VIV Service Plan
- Made in the USA with globally sourced components
- Please note: Vacuum bags are required for this vacuum cleaner Required bag: Synergy S40 HEPA Media Bags - Part: #SPH-6
This is a $1600 vacuum cleaner (currently that is £1200).
This is also a very heavy vacuum cleaner. I can't see too many women being keen on carrying it up and down the stairs. That said, it's designed for the US market and many properties there dont have an upstairs.
Performance wise, on carpet, its very, very good. It feels really powerful but it's noisy (which isn't a problem in the US as they dont have silly EU regs about that type of thing).
It has a really stiff and very good quality brushroll, and a wide brushroll mouth as is common with US machines. The reason for this is that US consumers like to see carpet stripes. And it striped our carpet!
Overall, this is an expensive and heavy machine. But on the other hand it is a very capable machine with excellent carpet performance. We love it, but it isn't for everyone.
I'd be interested to know the opinion of any of our American members on Simplicity/Riccar machines.