The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Miele CX1 coming to the US!  (Read 3381 times)

Offline twosixohtwo

Miele CX1 coming to the US!
« on: February 26, 2018, 10:06:08 pm »
Greetings all,
I recently moved and that meant a new cleaner upgrade after almost a decade, and while I went back to Dyson, my buying research led me to rediscover my appreciation for Miele.

According to the US Amazon site, the CX1 will be available in April for sale. I'll be excited for them to hit retail stores and check them out in person.

I'm a bit curious what you folks that have had these for a while think of them. Personally, I love the angular styling (very simple, looks less flashy and cheap like a certain other German make) and am intrigued by the wireless remote. But after watching a few demo videos, I can't help but think the filtration mechanism is a bit Rube Goldberg-esque. A separate filter for fine particulate matter? Wasn't that the point of Dyson's multi-cyclonic design and the failure point of the imitators? The filter agitator seems like a clever solution for a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place. And the dustbin looks so geometrically complex, I'd hate to have to clean out the unit when it inevitably picks up dust inside.

I have no doubt its cleaning power and build quality lives up to the brand expectations, but I'm a bit doubtful how it is in maintenance and operation. I'm still intensely curious though.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Miele CX1 coming to the US!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:50:56 pm »
I had one, the CX1 Comfort

Very quiet
Very powerful, mine has the ecotec straight suction head and it stuck to the floor nicely and actually groomed since the head kinda dug into the floor with the sealed soleplate design
The cyclone was rubbish

The pre motor filter is a pleated one which has a large surface area, it's  not bad and you can actually get another vacuum and fit a crevice tool in between the pleats which is good, can also be washed and tappedout. Not a bad filter

The filter compartment is black and it's all fine dust that collects in there so you;d need to scrub that if you want it spotless, just a rinse win't  get it fully clean

Long hair and thread got wrapped around the tiny cyclone

Any bigger bits that get sucked up just swirl around the cyclone area, smaller bits are meant to be spun out and fall into the bin

It's large,but it has a parking bracket underneath and on the side which is nice
Has a remote control which is awesome (handle controls I mean)
It's a solid machine, but the cyclone and bin area has some weak plastic areas
The wheels were kinda springy (the four castors underneath)
It's overall not bad, it's just the cyclone and filter area which is my main pet peeve with it.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration