The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: How to improve a dc01s performance : base plate spring hack  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Ilovemysebo22

How to improve a dc01s performance : base plate spring hack
« on: November 16, 2017, 02:37:49 pm »
As far as I know the later style dc01 base plates should have a rubber spring that ensures that they constantly keep contact with the floor. However every dc01 I've seen these have perished meaning the base plate just flops about. I've searched for ages looking for a supplier bul it was no use I could only find grey base plates with the rubber attached and frankly I'm not paying  a tenner for a bit of rubber so have come up with a cheap and simple solution .

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: How to improve a dc01s performance : base plate spring hack
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:56:32 am »
The issue you will have is making the front of whatever you concoct stay in place outside the baseplate.

If you're not fussed about looks, a good elastic band looped around the inner hook, then some way of holding it outside, either glue, or glue a tiny strong bar across the hole to tie the elastic band onto might work.

Sure our hosts will have a rubber part cheaper than a tenner though, although postage will make it a fiver regardless sadly
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

DC01 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration