The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson Attachments  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Vacuum Cleaner House

Dyson Attachments
« on: October 09, 2010, 11:30:25 am »
As I sell alot of new Dyson's I get asked which one is my favorite and which do I use at home.
Its an interesting question as my favorite Dyson is not the one I favour to use.

The dc25 is my favorite Dyson , it looks cool is light weight and is so easy to maneuver thanks to the ball. However when cleaning my house I always take a dc14. I don't dislike this machine I t is my second favorite Dyson. Why I use it is due to its attachments .

It still has the 3 separate ones crevice nozzle upholstery tool and the dusting brush.

I like to vacuum properly and use the dusting brush to, Get this, DUST :grinn:

Due to cost cutting I notice that more of the Dyson uprights now come with the combo tool crevice nozzle and dusting brush in one.

Its a great tool and has some great features but its useless at dusting on top of TVs computers and every were else.

That is why I use a dc14 at home I like the attachments and the bin size 
Owner of Vacuum Cleaner House, Full service vacuum shop in Cape Town South Africa

Online Dyson Tech

• Global Moderator
Re: Dyson Attachments
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 03:31:03 pm »
I prefer the three individual tools on earlier models than the "multi-tool" thing that later balls come with too.

The model that stores them onboard the best is the DC07; the stair and brush tools slot nicely into the side of the chassis with a firm click, the crevice tool similarly on the rear of the wand. This way, they don't fall off and get lost.

The DC14 tool storage is not the greatest IMO. I reckon the bent crevice tool is only bent so Dyson could copyright them and sell them for more, the clip it clips into sometimes breaks and the top-of-cyclone storage is a bit pants as the tools -- unless brand new and genuine -- are prone to fall off.
We expect that by seeking advice here, you are competent enough to be able to make any electrical installations safely and in a safe and legal manner in your jurisdiction. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, do consult an electrician. You implement any advice you read at this site at your own risk.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram