The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Dysonboy123

DC07
« on: December 31, 2017, 10:06:21 pm »
Is a DC07 standard noiser then a dc07 origin?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: DC07
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:21:49 pm »
They're the same thing pretty much.  The Origin is a later model, so they have the de rooted cyclones. Check the  exit port on the cyclone, it should have a number 2 on it, or a number 1. The early ones never had this number

Type 2 is the latest one which is de rooted, they make the most noise due to the larger holes at the tips of the cyclones

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:57:00 pm »
They're the same thing pretty much.  The Origin is a later model, so they have the de rooted cyclones. Check the  exit port on the cyclone, it should have a number 2 on it, or a number 1. The early ones never had this number

Type 2 is the latest one which is de rooted, they make the most noise due to the larger holes at the tips of the cyclones

Yeah the later DC07 Standard (Known as origin) had de-rooted cyclones as Parwaz7862 rightly said. (Hes like a dyson expert on this forum, he seem to fill me in with new bits of info akl the time, cheers bud) As such the origins were noiser because they were de-rooted so had a larger hole so yeah. Parwaz has already filled you in, so I cant really add  :))
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Offline Bear

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 08:25:02 pm »
So the best ones for quietness are the type 1 or oldest ones, right?

Offline ryevac

• Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 08:54:12 pm »
I think all the dc07's are noisy.
Sold a load of 07 refurbs last year and one of my customers asked me to swap the 2 i sold her, for dc24's.
Did a dc04 other week and i like them (never owned one) - tell you what i repaired a dc04 Zorbster recently and was surprised how quiet that was
The only way to fail is not to try.

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 04:02:23 pm »
So the best ones for quietness are the type 1 or oldest ones, right?

the early ones marked with 1 or no marking are the quietest but also least reliable of the two. the later marked 2 is noisier but more reliable and much more effective.
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram