The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC27 Motor Change Pictoral Guide  (Read 85568 times)

Offline bungz

Re: DC27 Motor Change Pictoral Guide
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 04:16:03 pm »
I found one of these on a neighbours lawn for the scrap man so picked it up as I have repaired several DC07's.

The problem I figured was the motor brushes had worn out so I just ordered a replacement and I will refurb original the motor myself for another find.

I have just finished it and I can say if I find another DC27 it can stay put, took me bloody ages and it is a bugger to line up and put together again. Such a PITA. Why change so many things over the DC07   ::)

Also it was absolutely filthy, had to use a Stanley knife to cut the brush bar clean  :sick0012:

It is however like new now  8)

Offline Andy_F

Re: DC27 Motor Change Pictoral Guide
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2018, 04:40:05 pm »
Many thanks for this topic. I would not have attempted to change the motor without this.

I must say, I thought it would be worse than it actually was, having read it a couple of times before even buying the motor. And especially as the lady at Manchester Vacs said not to worry, I could take in the DC27 in bits if I was unsuccessful!! I just took my time and followed this to the letter.  Prior to this, the most I’d ever done to any vacuum was to empty it 😂

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration