The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 Allergy Purple/Blue  (Read 4040 times)

Offline AuntieM506

DC07 Allergy Purple/Blue
« on: January 08, 2018, 04:48:31 pm »
Hi I'm new to the forum, Im an avid Dyson fan and have had my DC07 for at least 15 years.  Until now I have managed to set any issues but at the moment I am experiencing suction issues in the upright position.  The brush appears to be spinning correctly but in order to pick up bits on the carpet I need to pull back the hoover slowly for the brush to take them up.  I have removed and cleaned the housing and brush, cleaned all the filters and checked for holes in the hose.  The hose suction is fine with accessories so Im assuming it's more to do with the brush, any ideas please?

Offline Dysonboy

Re: DC07 Allergy Purple/Blue
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 05:23:28 pm »
Hi I'm new to the forum, Im an avid Dyson fan and have had my DC07 for at least 15 years.  Until now I have managed to set any issues but at the moment I am experiencing suction issues in the upright position.  The brush appears to be spinning correctly but in order to pick up bits on the carpet I need to pull back the hoover slowly for the brush to take them up.  I have removed and cleaned the housing and brush, cleaned all the filters and checked for holes in the hose.  The hose suction is fine with accessories so Im assuming it's more to do with the brush, any ideas please?
If you've had it for at least 15 years and its still on its original internal hose im surprised it still picks up at all!
Your problem sounds to be the internal hose as mentioned above, this is the one from the changeover valve to the brushroll housing (not the wand) and not only gives suction to the cleaner head but also pushes the cleaner head down to keep incontact with the floors. This is because the hose also works as a spring.

I think Manchester Vacs will sell them, they stock a lot of dyson parts.
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Offline AuntieM506

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 05:38:51 pm »
OK thanks I'll check it out.  Would just say although I've had it a long time it has not been in constant use as I also have a Henry (another story).  I have mainly hard floors and the Dyson is only really used upstairs on carpets in bedrooms which are not occupied on a regular basis.  Many thanks for the advice though - I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:45:46 pm »
OK thanks I'll check it out.  Would just say although I've had it a long time it has not been in constant use as I also have a Henry (another story).  I have mainly hard floors and the Dyson is only really used upstairs on carpets in bedrooms which are not occupied on a regular basis.  Many thanks for the advice though - I'll let you know how it goes.

Normally the internal hose actually wears down quicker, in my experience, when its been sat around. Because what happens is the hose looses its straight shape being bent for long periods of time in the position that it connects the parts together it ends up sticking in that position and loosing its "bounciness"
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration