The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: V6 cordless pulsating  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Bombally

V6 cordless pulsating
« on: January 19, 2018, 07:03:32 pm »
Hi,
Wondered whether I would find some new info here as I have already googled alot about my Dyson problem.
Recently discovered that my V6 does not suck air out of vac packs due to the shape of all its nozzles.
Tried advice such as using hand/towel/toilet roll tube to wrap around where the air escapes. Doesn't do the job.
Read about buying a special attachment which should work and so I bought it from eBay from Manchester vacs.
Attachment fits great and around the vac packs opening.
However, as I go to suck the air out, my Dyson just pulsates on and off and then just off. Tried cleaning filter, checked for blockages etc etc.
Doesn't do this when used as normal with other attachments. Only when used with new attachment to try and suck air out of vac packs.
Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Offline ryevac

• Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
Re: V6 cordless pulsating
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 08:00:01 pm »
the unit is protecting itself as it thinks its blocked, try it on low power, otherwise use a vac that doesn't have a sensor integrated into it - as your dyson does.
A henry will do it easily.
The only way to fail is not to try.

Offline Bombally

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 08:07:40 pm »
Thanks. Have tried on low power, not max. I was resigning myself to the fact that my Dyson V6 just won't do this particular task with the vac packs and I will have to get something else with a standard hose and normal suck! 😒

Offline ryevac

• Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 08:29:52 pm »
AYe ok, if you hold your v6 remove the tool and put the palm of your hand over the end whilst switched on - it will do the same, basically it's a warning.

If you look at end of most tools they have holes before the end, a certain amount of air is allowed to travel if the tool is deep into a surface and airflow reduced
Other guys will no doubt correct me if i am wrong. ;)
The only way to fail is not to try.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration