The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dc50 Refurb  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Hoover_noob

Dc50 Refurb
« on: March 14, 2018, 06:09:41 pm »
Hello everyone,
Currently doing a refurb on a Dc50, does anyone have any links for a video on how to remove the motor?
If not guess ill just have to take a picture of every screw i undo incase i get stuck!
Also...... has anyone ever managed to polish the scratches out of the inside part of the cleaner bin to get it looking brand new? This one is very cloudy, was thinking maybe brasso as it work on watch faces?

Many thanks  ;)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Dc50 Refurb
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 05:26:43 pm »
I did a bad teardown of a scrap one I had, it's in the 2nd gen ball forum. At the time it was the most horrible thing I've ever done, but now I've got a few DC4x's under my belt its probably not so bad.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Hoover_noob

Re: Dc50 Refurb
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 07:01:11 pm »
Nice one, so I presume dc50 is just a small version of dc41 etc? I've seen a few of your videos mate, helped me strip down the ydk motor on an old dc07 I was doing up. Keep up the good work.👍

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration