The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC33  (Read 4919 times)

Offline Dysonboy123

DC33
« on: March 24, 2018, 06:05:27 am »
Does a DC33 Stubborn have stronger suction then the others and does it have a HEPA filter?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC33
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 07:48:26 am »
Will have the same suction as all the rest, the 'Stubborn' just means it comes with the stiff stubborn brush attachment. Same motor, same machine, just a different colour.

I think all the DC33's came with a HEPA too, so no matter what trim level you get will have HEPA, unless you fit a filter pad of course
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline ryevac

• Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 09:56:55 am »
Yes i never saw a 33 with anything other than a hepa post.

I always ask customer if they have any allergies / asthma etc in the family - if not then a post pad filter goes in mainly to keep costs down.
The only way to fail is not to try.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 01:09:47 pm »
All DC33s are identical clones apart from the cyclone top colour just like they said ^

The early ones have a crappy motor in them which don’t last long, o imagine all used dc33s now have had either replacement or blown motors

Offline Sleaford White

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 02:38:24 pm »
Parwaz is spot on.
I don't think I've ever had a DC33 that didn't want it's motor replacing. Back hoses, well yeah, that's par for the course with any Dyson. I think DC07's and DC14's are far better machines than the DC33. As for DC27's.....I won't touch them. Far too labour intensive and there is probably a reason why Dyson withdrew the product fairly quickly!

I also hate the plastic wand on DC33's...far too flexible for doing stairs, etc.

H.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 01:23:31 pm »
Exactly!
Next door owned a DC33 from new  for five years and have had loads of problems with it

They finally gave up on it when their replacement motor fitted by Dyson blew up after 4 years 😑 whereas dc04s and 07s arenon their original motors after a decade!

Sold them a DC14 a few months ago and they’re over the moon with it, their cousin even bought a DC14 origin off me to replace their DC33 ( they owned one too) and she says it’s way better and stronger

The DC14 is pretty much incredible, I just wish the clutch belts were toothed and the non clutched ones had a Sebo X4 style of belt and clutch

Offline Ampere Husky

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 05:30:24 am »
Parwaz is spot on.
I don't think I've ever had a DC33 that didn't want it's motor replacing. Back hoses, well yeah, that's par for the course with any Dyson. I think DC07's and DC14's are far better machines than the DC33. As for DC27's.....I won't touch them. Far too labour intensive and there is probably a reason why Dyson withdrew the product fairly quickly!

I also hate the plastic wand on DC33's...far too flexible for doing stairs, etc.

H.

Our american DC33 is still going after 5 years of pretty severe use.   Must be an issue with the UK spec 240V motors.
Back in the UK i have a couple of 07s, 14s, and a 27 animal.   The 27 is by far my favorite, everything fits together really nicely, the wand is sturdy metal, and it looks/feels like a solid, cool looking unit.    The 33 feels like a step backwards, and seems to have a lot more parts in common with 14s than the 27s.   The 33's wand is really badly designed in my opinion, not only because it's plastic, but you have to press two buttons to get it out, where as on the 27, it can be done in one simple motion.
AM01 silver/grey (12"), AM09 white/silver, DC01 Absolute+ (ametek), DC01 Antarctic (ydk), DC03 Absolute+ (yellow/purple), DC14 Allergy, DC16 Animal, DC24-i, DC27 Animal, DC35 Multi-floor, 2012 AEG Ultrasilencer (gloss blue), Numatic Henry (old style 2-speed with red push switch on top, and green hi/lo rocker switch on the back)

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration