The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Whats the worst thing youve found in a vacuum cleaner?  (Read 20843 times)

Offline Madrat

Re: Whats the worst thing youve found in a vacuum cleaner?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 07:47:24 pm »
There is no point getting a kid a hamster, its always asleep. Its a nocturnal animal. A couple of rats however make  great pet's, they like human company, they are very friendly and affectionate and like to play, kids love them.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 08:18:03 pm »
Rats? You're crazy.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 08:32:34 pm »
I've had loads as pets, there like little dogs.

Offline Ilovemysebo22

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2017, 10:28:35 pm »
I had a dc08 in once it had no suction, sounded horrible and really did pong 🤢 Turns out it was full of parrot crap and was clogged everywhere with it it had been used without a filter and seed had got into the fan 🤔

Offline autovac01

• Woman in a man's world.
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 10:30:08 am »
We had one recently full of rabbit droppings and blocked up with bits of straw (probably wee soaked)  :sick0012:

Offline theheadschoice

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 01:38:18 am »
I've pulled a mutilated rat out of a sanitaire, bloody bandages and all sorts of good stuff, my personal favorite is when a households cats/dogs/etc select the vacuum as a urinal. Those sticky, yellow machines are probably the grossest things I've ever smelled in my entire life. Right up there with old dog Kirby outer cloth bags. Nasty.

Offline twosixohtwo

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 09:52:02 pm »
Just refurb'ed a DC26, and it was full of mud, an insane amount of polyester stuffing (the type inside stuffed animals/pet toys) and the turbine head clogged with damp Wal-mart receipts pressed into a solid mass. I'm new here (Hi!) and might do a little writeup on the process.

Way way back when, in junior high, I worked on a project that required a high-wattage fan motor, and someone's parents' friend donated to us an old Hoover that had been run without a bag in place. It was inexplicably filled with the obliterated remains of a head of garlic...

Mildly related, but I'm always astounded at how many eBay listings I see that are proud to include a half-full bag already fitted, as if old carpet dust was a great bonus.

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram