Other Vacuum Cleaners & Site Suggestions > Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Sebo X4 'Extra' - Stripdown and Refurbishment

(1/6) > >>

beko1987:
A long, long time ago now, I picked up this down on it's luck Sebo X4!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYkYBKeXARI
And a while ago, it got the usual treatment, so here we go!

Utterly filthy inside, but a new bag had been fitted, which was nice

Some ominous looking gaffa tape on the wand though

As in the above before video, I cut the carbon filter up for a laugh/to make it work a bit better short term, which made a bit of a mess

And after using it for a bit, the stripdown commenced! I had 'borrowed' parts from it though to fix the X1 I wrote about a while ago, that I tried stripping down things that did not want to be stripped down and failed, so The Gaffer from these very pages helped me out with some nice used parts, which are not fitted during the stripdown, hence the wheels and brushroll out below.

Anyway, it came into the house in bits as thats how I stored it in the shed as it fitted in more easily

Bag door first

The bag holder needs to come out

The safety lever that stops the bag door closing with no bag pops out, along with its little spring

Then the whole assembly slides down and off the orange rear of the main opening handle

beko1987:
Behind all that, a cover unscrews that holds the orange lever in place

It wiggles free of it's captive prison

There are 2 screws at the bottom of the bag door too

Which hold the front trim on. I could not get this off at this stage so gave up through fear of damage, however whilst washing it, it fell off! Turns out it slides on from the top...

Time for the handle now, the cable is released

And the handle is removed

One screw holds the hand grip onto the shaft

Then the hand grip pulls up slightly, then once clear the rear part comes away

To remove the cable, first we undo the clamp, noting the totally over complicated wiring arrangements

beko1987:
The cable can be unscrewed from the 2 switch terminals and pulled free of the oppressive regime of the handle

One little issue the machine had was a perished cable exit guide.

At this stage, a perfectly acceptable solution is to chop the offending segment off, but only if it's near the top. You need a new grommit if it's totally past it.

The wires running off to the bottom of the machine are spade terminal'ed onto the base of the switch. Once unplugged the rest of the hand grip comes away

Within the plastic hand grip is a little grounding strap that connects to the metal handle. Once unhooked along with the neutral wire, it pushes down slightly, gets unhooked from it's little plastic holder and can then be pulled out

The switch pushes out of the handle after removing the outer plastic trim

The rest of the metal handle contains the main plug to the body of the machine. This pushes out, and can be a real fluff trap

No way of dis-assembling this, and blowing the fluff out doesnt do it, I find 5 minutes with a pin picking the chunks out the best way, you'll be amazed at how much is in there! Or just don't bother as you don't see it when back together, your call really!

We can move on to the bag housing now. The inlet gubbing is hiding behind this housing, which unscrews and lifts off

Remove the hose clip first though otherwise it won't pull out and free of the machine

Like so

beko1987:
There is a metal bracket that slides into the side of the hose inlet tube, it's reason to exist I'm not too sure of actually...

The bag seal lifts off

We can now lift out the other side of the handle plug

Then the cable clamps need removing. The top two are simple, the lower one holds the second safety device, which stops the bag door fitting without a filter in place (which is easily bypassed, as it is here...)

All removed

Underneath the bag housing, where the bag housing meets the motor housing is yet another plug that carries the wire across another removeable section

Two screws this time and out it pulls. But, the wire won't release yet. You need to push the 2 male terminals out of the top plug before the wires will pass out

The lower cord hook/carry handle unscrews

Then the two halves of that seperate, along with the 'latching' spring

beko1987:
Nestled right up top is the locking assembly for the handle. This prises out quite easily with the removal of a circlip, which just pushes off

Let's get the crevice tool out of it's holder now

And remove the two tool holder clips

Back to underneath now, and we need to remove all the screws you can see

Then the bottom cover pops/prises/levers off fairly easily, once you push the big yellow button in so the outer skin can pass over it

Inside we can see the latching mechanism that secures the 2 parts together

Which just lifts out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version